Harlan
This release adds some requested features and fixes several reported problems. Thoughts in reports can now be selected and right clicked for a context menu. The line spacing in notes defaults to a single space, the CSS files for notes are handled better, export has been cleaned up, plus several fixes.

We're getting close to the official release of 4.0 - please try this version out and let us know of any bugs (not feature requests ) that are still outstanding.

Version 4.0.7.3

July 12, 2007

• Reports
    • Add/remove thoughts to the selection using Control+Click
    • Right-click on a thought to access it’s context menu
  • Notes
    • The default line spacing is now single spacing
    • Notes style sheets
      • The res/notes.css file contains the default font, colors, and spacing for notes in all your Brains. Per Brain settings can also be set via the Brain folders notes.css file, which overrides the main notes.css file.
      • Fixed: Notes.css settings are not applied retroactively to notes created earlier
      • Fixed: Notes.css settings are only applied to the first thought accessed in a Brain
  • Export HTML
    • Fixed: When exported, notes.css is not referenced via a separate file, causing styles to be inconsistent between updates
    • Fixed: Unknown extensions show a broken image instead of an icon
    • Exported HTML does not contain multiple tags (redundant html, head, and body tags)
  • Mac OS, Linux
    • Drag and drop of URLs gets names thoughts based on the page’s title.
  • Changes
    • Inclusion of file attachments is now optional in BrainZips
  • Fixes
    • Fixed: Browse… button in New Brain dialog does not work
    • Fixed: Minimize command via window context menu while in autohide mode can prevent window from reappearing
    • Fixed: Some characters in titles of HTML pages don’t get converted
    • Fixed: Drag and drop of RTF file attachments from Outlook can create corrupt file attachments (these attachments are automatically fixed by this release also)

Regards,
-Harlan
Spacenexus
Just have to say the addition of thoughts to selection from reports, plus the change thought type of selections en masse is simply fantastic. Hit the bell on this feature. Great job, thanks.

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
tcahill
Harlan wrote: Mac OS, Linux Drag and drop of URLs gets names thoughts based on the page’s title.

Hi, Which distributions and browsers is this working with? For me, PB has stopped responding to D&D since this
Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
punkmonksf
Still a major issue with the treatment of images in the notes panel. It copies them to a tmp directory and fails to properly create the image upon transfer to the "PersonalBrain Notes" folder.

The result when trying to view in a browser:

The image “file:///Users/mydrive/xxx_brain/Files/D1401B87-B085-3B62-FAB0-144F74CD3A7E/PersonalBrain%20Notes/image44243.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This is a major missing feature if this remains unresolved before v4.0

Karekin

Harlan
punkmonksf wrote: Still a major issue with the treatment of images in the notes panel. It copies them to a tmp directory and fails to properly create the image upon transfer to the "PersonalBrain Notes" folder.

The result when trying to view in a browser:

The image “file:///Users/mydrive/xxx_brain/Files/D1401B87-B085-3B62-FAB0-144F74CD3A7E/PersonalBrain%20Notes/image44243.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

This is a major missing feature if this remains unresolved before v4.0

Karekin

Karekin,

We have looked into this issue and unfortunately the path is not the problem. It seems as though the image files that are saved out of note on Mac OS are corrupt somehow. They only load inside of the notes editor. We're not sure why this is happening, but we are doing research to try and get it addressed.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
tcahill wrote: Harlan wrote: Mac OS, Linux Drag and drop of URLs gets names thoughts based on the page’s title.

Hi, Which distributions and browsers is this working with? For me, PB has stopped responding to D&D since this

Tim, we're running some version of Ubuntu in the lab and I have Fedora 5 somewhere... I know D&D was working on Fedora - not sure about Ubuntu. One of our engineers is investigate several Linux related issues, so hopefully we'll be able to improve the reliability of D&D on Linux. Unfortunately Java just isn't as mature on Linux, especially for UI "extras" like D&D...
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Adathome wrote: Harlan wrote: please try this version out and let us know of any bugs (not feature requests ) that are still outstanding.

- that arrow is still on top of the menu,
- when i open the reports tab i still have to click two times when there are long type names in it. ( http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1912983)

I like the new small improvements like brainzip and the preference open PB when Windows starts, go on with that good job.

Thought maybe no one noticed BrainZip. Actually, that is a feature that we use a lot ourselves since we're sending people sample brains a lot.

We'll see what we can do about the two bugs you mentioned. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Nobby
Hi Harlan,

some bugs to report for your new Version 4073:
  • I have problems with saving an own created theme. If I try this out the program-error msg. is :"Could not create the theme file". It doesn't matter if it is a new theme or if I want to overwrite an existing theme.
  • In bars in the report tab, which are showing how often a thought is used are overlapping with the verbal descriptions. The only way to solve the problem is to enlarge the windows-box until there is enough space.
  • If I use the vertical box-orientation for the screen and the search results are shown on the right side, the line break for the text doesn't work - or in other words: the text is "flowing" out of the PB window and half of the sentences are not viewable. Moreover if the window for the text in the search result tab is chosen small, the scrolling bars totally disappear.
Hope you can fix these problems.

Kind regards
Norbert
Spacenexus
Individual attachment D&D from outlook 2003 emails into PB4073 working fine. Multiple selection still results in an outlook link forming in the thought instead.

cheers

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Harlan
Nobby wrote: Hi Harlan,

some bugs to report for your new Version 4073:
  • I have problems with saving an own created theme. If I try this out the program-error msg. is :"Could not create the theme file". It doesn't matter if it is a new theme or if I want to overwrite an existing theme.
  • In bars in the report tab, which are showing how often a thought is used are overlapping with the verbal descriptions. The only way to solve the problem is to enlarge the windows-box until there is enough space.
  • If I use the vertical box-orientation for the screen and the search results are shown on the right side, the line break for the text doesn't work - or in other words: the text is "flowing" out of the PB window and half of the sentences are not viewable. Moreover if the window for the text in the search result tab is chosen small, the scrolling bars totally disappear.
Hope you can fix these problems.

Kind regards
Norbert

We've fixed the theme saving problem.

The reports bars are intentionally in the background of the thought's name. We have changed the color so that the bars will fade into the background more and keep things more readable.

The search results should have a scrollbar at the bottom when the area is too narrow. In a future version, we'll create a new layout for search results that is more compact.

Thanks for posting these.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Spacenexus wrote: Individual attachment D&D from outlook 2003 emails into PB4073 working fine. Multiple selection still results in an outlook link forming in the thought instead.

cheers

Jim

Multiple selection D&D from Outlook is something we'll fix in 4.X... Thanks for noting this.
Regards,
-Harlan

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software