Harlan
This is it, the official release - it's up now! There several minor fixes and changes. Most significant is that this version does not expire since it's not beta anymore.

Don't worry, we'll continue to release new versions in beta format in the near future with more features. Also, upgrades to 4.x will be free for registered users of 4.0 FYI.

Thanks again to everyone on this discussion board and those of you who wrote in to support from all of us here at TheBrain. Your contributions made a huge difference.

Version 4.0.7.5

July 16, 2007

• Does not expire (this is not a beta release)
  • Lower CPU usage
    • Background processing is more efficient, especially when multiple attachments are connected to a thought, indexing is not repeated
  • Mac OS
    • Download and installation is performed using a disk image
    • License is displayed on mounting image
    • Disk image includes iconic instructions for installation
  • Utilities
    • Clear Thought Activity Log command added to the File > Utilities menu
  • Misc Changes
    • Fixed Typos in tips and about, HTML Export uses XHTML tags (Thanks Lance)
    • Added option to prevent checking for updates on startup
    • Added Check for Updates command under Help
    • Prompts for upgrade when attempting to add attachments not enabled in the Free or Core Editions
  • Fixes
    • Link to Folder command defaults to the My Documents path on Windows
    • Link to File and Link to Folder commands remember the last selected item and reopen in that location
    • Thought Icons
      • Fixed: When a Brain has been moved to a new location pasted Thought icons and Thought type icons do not show
      • Thought type icons are applied to instances as soon as changes are made

Regards,
-Harlan
punkmonksf
Congratulations to all of you at TheBrain for your hard work in getting this ready! What a terrific application and a great joy to see it develop.

Your responsiveness to our requests has been amazing to watch. I enjoy helping out and look forward to continued efforts to make this program unbeatable... especially on the Mac!!

Cheers,
Karekin

zenrain
I have the same issue. It seems to be when a .png is attached to a thought type, it no longer displays on the thoughts assigned to that type. However, if the thought type is assigned an icon through copy-paste, it works correctly.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Jeanluc
Congratulation for this release which is an excellent product .Probably the most usefull I bought this year ...

I which you a great commercial success with this release !

Kind regards to TheBrain Team  and all Beta testers here, and thank you all for your help and advises

Jean-Luc

PVI3.2GHz/Ram2Go/X8OOPRO256/WinXPSP2
Powerbook G4 800 OSX 10.4.9
Sony VAIO VGNS3XP/Mandriva 2007 Spring
hock
Dear Harlan,

For all it's worth as one of the privileged early 2001 adopters of the Brain and beta testers I do want to join the chorus of congratulations on the release of PB4.

I do not however want to let this opportunity go by without publicly commending you and all at TheBrain for your courage to let users develop what you conceived; for the gentle way in that you allowed us to communicate what we need; and it's an honour to contribute to the fine PB4 user forum (thanks to them too as I learned so much from you all), for the untiring instant help and support if one had problems be that of comprehension or of a technical nature. The PB4 Brain implementation is amazing, your engineering team is and has done a superb job, the products are great value for money based on return in efficiency, productivity and opportunity to be creative.

Lastly I also wish to  congratulate TheBrain Corporation since it was ultimately them who gave the all clear to bring TheBrain into the 21st century, and for the humanity to keep TheBrain in house.

Eugen Hockenjos

PS: But please do not yet quite depart on vocation as there's still the partial export functionality  to do for the for 4.1 beta as part of a corporate ethos which requires that "we will continue to develop TheBrain aggressively"......

Harlan wrote: This is it, the official release - it's up now! There several minor fixes and changes. Most significant is that this version does not expire since it's not beta anymore.

Don't worry, we'll continue to release new versions in beta format in the near future with more features. ...  Your contributions made a huge difference.
hock/london

Win7pro, PB 7.0.4.5, J - 1.7.0
Harlan
Thanks for all the positive comments. It really has been my pleasure conversing with you all. We're very excited about this release and hope that you will all continue to participate in the ongoing development of PB.

I created a new thread to discuss the PNG icon problem, which I have not been able to reproduce... please see http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2026111&pid=19162232#post19162232

Regards,
-Harlan
Andy
Again I'd like to offer my support for a product very well done

It's really an excellent piece of software.
JBill

Congratulations

FransJehoul
Hello,

Congratulations to all of you at TheBrain.
Personalbrain is super!

It is nice to know that it still will grow.

Regards,

Frans

shryn
I, also, wish to add my congratulations to the TheBrain Team, especially for bringing this marvellous software to the Mac platform.

shryn
Shiiko
PB team:
I have never enjoyed getting and installing so many new software updates, each one delivering a solution brought about by you listening to our feedback.   And as a result  your product has improved right along with our satisfaction.   This really is how it should be done. I look forward to your upcoming innovations.  Congratulations to all!

Shiiko
São Paulo, Brasil
zenrain
Yeah, I have to ditto the last comment. Your participation in the forums and frequent replies along with the constant updates are an incredible value add to an already significant upgrade.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software