Harlan
I know everyone is anxious to see version 5 and it is well underway. However, we have some things that have taken a little longer to iron out than expected. As always, I won't comment on unreleased functionality, however it is version 5, so you can expect there will be some significant new features.

Just as soon as we have a few more bugs worked out it will be posted. Please be patient and save all your questions about version 5 until it then.
Regards,
-Harlan
Dryopithecus
I hope there are major performance improvements in 5.0. My main.brain (42,000+ thoughts) is now slower than my grandma, I have to wait about 2 seconds every time I create/delete a thought/link.
Ray
I am having problems with PB seeming to take a long time to recognize that I entered something in the search box. It is so slow sometimes that I think that nothing was found and I start to create a new thought.  I have nearly 30,000 thoughts.

Ray

Ray
Langley, BC
jostber
Great! Will it be a beta or a full release version?

TheBrain 8.0.2.0 Slackware 14.1 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.7.0_25 / (Windows 7)

Axla
I'm checking the forums daily to check for any changes to the V5 Beta posting!

There are parts of my brain which are completely useless due old links to no longer existing drives (server drives etc). PB halts completely when checking each drive before executing next command. This issue is known, and will be fixed in V5!

By jobster
Quote: Great! Will it be a beta or a full release version?

Post heading, by Harlan:
Quote: Version 5 Beta - Still Coming Soon
zenrain
Quote: I'm checking the forums daily to check for any changes to the V5 Beta posting!

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
NickMilner
Will v5 be a paid upgrade from v4? I've only just paid for v4 and I'd not be happy with myself if I paid all that money for a product effectively at the end of its lifecycle when I could have waited a little while and paid the same amount for v5. Would there, for example, be a free upgrade for recent purchasers?

Thanks.
zenrain
Yes, Harlen stated v5 is a paid upgrade. The upgrade prices as far as I'm aware haven't been published yet. Hopefully more information on that will be available once the beta is out.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
NickMilner

Well I guess I'll wait and see what the upgrade price is before smashing my face against the wall.  Thanks.

sbmack
Re: "Well I guess I'll wait and see what the upgrade price is before smashing my face against the wall."

I'd just assume the worst about the upgrade price and then just get it over with...

twospoons
Too bad they don't have this smiley listed for this forum:

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smileybangheadonwallyelnw7.gif
Wes
sbmack
Re: Too bad they don't have this smiley listed for this forum:

Now that's rich!

Attached is the smiley for the EKP forum:

Click image for larger version - Name: Man!_01.gif, Views: 585, Size: 13.30 KB
PaddyVA
NickMilner wrote: Will v5 be a paid upgrade from v4? I've only just paid for v4 and I'd not be happy with myself if I paid all that money for a product effectively at the end of its lifecycle when I could have waited a little while and paid the same amount for v5. Would there, for example, be a free upgrade for recent purchasers?

Thanks.
I've noticed in the past that purchases after a certain date are given a fee upgrade to a new version of PB. I'm ready to buy too, but I'm holding off until v5 is either released, or there is a notice of what the magic date is.
NickMilner

PaddyVA wrote: I've noticed in the past that purchases after a certain date are given a fee upgrade to a new version of PB. I'm ready to buy too, but I'm holding off until v5 is either released, or there is a notice of what the magic date is.

That's common practice and I'm hoping I'll lie within that window, though of course every day that goes by makes that less and less likely.  However, the flipside of waiting to release is that they miss out on your revenue (and others who are waiting to avoid the sting).

Like I said, I'm not going to get bent out of shape over this until I know for sure what's going to happen.
twospoons
For me it really all comes down to what new functionality will the v5.0 have? If I like the functionality, then I pay for the upgrade. If not, then I keep using what I've got or look for something else. I have high hopes that the new version answers a lot of pending requests!
Wes

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software