mctrexler
I have a YouTube video attached to the Home thought of my Brain. The video restarts constantly whenever my cursor gets anywhere near the Home thought.  I don't need or want it to do that.  Is there a place to turn off the automatic video play feature?  What would be ideal would be for the Brain to know that the video has already played once, and then not play it automatically again.  

Mark 
mcaton

Mark,

This is actually a feature of YOUTUBE - their videos automatically play when the page loads.  So, with TheBrain's Show Content on Hover and Embedded Browser for Web Links both turned on - this is the result.

You may want to try embedding the video in your Notes, where it won't play until you click the play button.

Thanks,
Matt

mctrexler
So 1,000 videos would need to be moved from the attachment space to the notes field?  Yikes.  And if I turn off the Show Content and Embedded Browser than I don't see the video at all.  Is there no way to replicate how it works in Version 8?  

Thanks,

Harlan
Hi Mark,

In Version 8, there is no embedded browser, so the video does not play. Turn off the embedded browser and then it will require you to click open the attachment and play the video, just like version 8.
Regards,
-Harlan
mctrexler

You're right, I'm thinking about how it works in Webbrain, where you see the video but have to click on it to play it.  That is the perfect solution imho, better than Desktop v.8 and apparently Desktop v.9.   If the v.9 webbrain works the same way there's no problem.  Any insight into that?

Mark

Harlan
I'm not sure if that's been changed or not. Once you sync from V9, you can give it a try.
Regards,
-Harlan
mcaton
Mark,

We did notice that videos sometimes don't stop plying if you mouse over a thought with a video attached (on the desktop app).  This is an old problem that must have been re-introduced in a recent update.  We should have this fixed again soon. 

With regards to YouTube attachments when viewed in a WebBrain - I'll write up your request for review to use the v8 behavior.

Thank you,
Matt

GuyJ
I have run into a similar problem with 9 Beta, with videos attached to "great grandchild" thoughts some way away from the home thought. I find not only that videos don't stop playing, even if you move away to another thought, but they can start again apparently at random, and are virtually certain to restart if your mouse passes over or near the thought link in the "recent thoughts" bar at the foot of the plex. Of course, YouTube being YouTube, there's no "stop" button on their videos, and they move on through their next and subsequent videos, and even throw in ads, which I can block in Firefox, but not in the Brain.
The built-in browser in v9 is otherwise brilliant, and I wouldn't want to have to turn it off to stop videos from running ad nauseam.
pthompson
Guy,

As you mentioned, the issue occurs even when you hover over Thoughts in the Past Thought List (History) so this may be where the "random" playing of videos is occurring. If you even slightly hover a Thought with a video attached it will start auto playing a keep playing in most cases. This issue is already documented and being looked into. Thanks for your feedback.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software