ruudhein
Besides pinning tags and types, is there a way to visualize these in the plex?

With these knowledge dumps I always try to keep in mind the people who will use it after me. While I know TheBrain pretty well, the existence of Types & Tags may not be known to them. If I could expose them somewhere in the UI however....
Using: Evernote | FilterizeEverdo | Dynalist | Liner | TheBrain v9.0.263.0
shatcher
Hi Ruud,

Types and Tags can be displayed in the plex just like any other Thought. Click the Type button from your pin, and it will become the active Thought, displaying all other Thoughts with that specific Type as its children.

If you are looking for a quick way to assign Thoughts to that Type without pinning it, then ctrl-click it to put the Type in the selection box. Then you can navigate to any Thought and drag a link from it to the Type in the selection box.

Cheers, Sean
ruudhein
Quote: Types and Tags can be displayed in the plex just like any other Thought. Click the Type button from your pin, and it will become the active Thought, displaying all other Thoughts with that specific Type as its children.

But is there a way/place to keep them visualized? I.e., a placeholder of my home thought called "types"?
zenrain
The dropdown button from the menu (v9) or the tool window (v8). Otherwise, no.

Edit: Although, thinking outside of the box for types, you could always assign all types to a super type. Then whenever you want to see types, just activate the supertype. Or Pin it. [smile]
macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.250
ruudhein
zenrain wrote:
Edit: Although, thinking outside of the box for types, you could always assign all types to a super type. Then whenever you want to see types, just activate the supertype. Or Pin it. [smile]

That's a very nice idea! Thanks Alex!
metta
Great! Thanks, Alex.

Never noticed types could be pinned. Opens up some interesting possibilities....

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software