Scrawner
Hi guys,

I'm running 5.5 beta (currently 5.5.1.7) in a Windows7 x64 virtual machine (VMware Fusion 3.0 underneath).  Java VM 1.6.0_16.  This is my main workstation.

When I first start Personalbrain the performance is great. But over a period of hours, it slows and slows to the point where it is basically unsuable -- e.g. it takes 4 or 5 seconds to switch to a new thought, or simply trying to type inside a note is nearly impossible due to the lag.  If I close and restart, it is fine again.

Anyone seeing this kind of problem?

Moe
scrawner, thanks for posting. Sorry about the issue you are experiencing. Do you experience this issue with other apps running in your Win 7 VM. Is your Brain being loaded from host file system or the Win 7 guest file system. If you are loading your Brain from the host file system, I would try moving it into the guest file system to see if it makes a difference. Also, you may try allocating more Ram to your guest OS to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,
Moe
Scrawner

Moe wrote:
Do you experience this issue with other apps running in your Win 7 VM. Is your Brain being loaded from host file system or the Win 7 guest file system. If you are loading your Brain from the host file system, I would try moving it into the guest file system to see if it makes a difference. Also, you may try allocating more Ram to your guest OS to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks -- no issues with other apps the VM, I use it quite heavily too. It has 2-cpu and 2.5GB memory assignedwith about 1gb free, and the Brain files are on the guest file system.  One thing I notice when it happens is the CPU use of personalbrain.exe spikes quite a bit if I, for instance, start typing in the notes of a thought. The faster I type the more the CPU goes up, all the way to near 100%. 
Moe
scrawner, thanks for the extra info. Can you try running PB in different compatibility modes to see if it has any affect on the issue you are experiencing. See here on how to do this. If you still experience this issue after trying the above, please replicate the issue then directly after end the "PersonalBrain.exe" process via Task Mananger then send us a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com. You can find the output.log file in your installation folder "C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain". Perhaps something in the log file will indicate what might be causing the degradation.

Best regards,
Moe

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software