bmac
I notice that when trying to dictate within the Notes area of PB4, something strange happens in that the dictation is truncated and focus is lost. this is quite repeatable. PB4 simply will not accept input via voice dictation.

This was not an issue with personal brain 3.

I am using Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional, version 9.5.

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan
Hi Bill,

We'll look into this issue. In the meantime, you could of course dictate into an attachment and then cut and paste...

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
Harlan,

I wonder if this problem is related to PB4's use of Java.  Just a thought.  When I start dictating with Dragon Naturally Speaking (v9.5 pro)  - in this case trying to dictate into PB4 - the DNS results box shows the correct result of my dictation, and starts to input it into the quick search field of PB4 but the result gets truncated as if some other problem stepped in to prevent the input.

Could this issue also be related to PB4 not allowing the use of the tablet PC pen input panel?  Something is obviously interfering with some window components.

Bill

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
Harlan,

I think I have found something that may help uncover a solution to the problem regarding dictating into PB4 using Dragon NaturallySpeaking (and possibly other voice dictation programs).  If I have PB4 float rather than being docked, the issue of truncation does not occur (see previous message).

Two hours later: I think I may have spoken too soon.  After a heavy dictating and filing session this morning I find that it is happening less often with the PB4 floating, but unfortunately it is still happening and this is certainly a productivity killer.  It is certainly true that something is interfering.
Regards,
   Bill

Bill
Harlan
Bill, we'll have to look into this, I'm not sure what's going wrong and someone will have to look at the code. Thanks for your analysis.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software