sbmack
I created a site brain of a college football team.  Thought it would be fun to toggle through info while the game is on.

Part of the brain is a player roster broken out by position.  Each player has a web link info page (103 in total).

I'm using Firefox and the Brain works great except each time I select a player node, it not only opens his page on the Brain under panel, it also opens up a Firefox tab with the same info.

So the web instance ends up clogged with tons of tabbed pages.  Anyway to prevent the redundant tabbed pages from opening?

Thanks,

SteveM

Quote
zenrain
I believe it has something to do with the coding on the .html page, I remember a similar thing when I was playing around with state links. Do you have a link to either the site brain or a page you are referencing?
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Quote
sbmack
zenrain,

Thanks much for the reply.  As I was putting a test model together to send you, I figured out what was happening.

My original reference web page was the Notre Dame roster:

http://und.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nd-m-footbl-mtt.html

What I did was download all of the embedded player page html files using the DownloadThemAll plug-in.  And populated my my Brain roster by dragging and dropping from the directory that contained those files.

Here's what I found out:

  • Linking to player html files in my local directory opened redundant tabs when a player was activated in the site brain model.
  • Embedding the player html files inside the Brain does not open redundant tabs in the site brain.
  • Dragging and dropping the player link from the ND roster page also does not open redundant tabs.

So a lot of Brain behavior is trial and error.  I saved the player html pages so that I could edit them if I wanted to.  So I guess the if I still want to do that, I have to edit the files and then move them internal to the Brain.

Do I have that right?  Any last thoughts or guidance?

Appreciate the support.

Steve


Quote
zenrain
Hmm, that's really interesting. I've never done it that way, so I didn't know that.

It must be due to the thought's xml file pointing to a local directory other than it's own. It looks like the way the current thought in the plex knows which file to show below it is by the Content reference in the thoughts .xml file. From what I can tell, the actual code is <Content href="thoughtData/[thought number]/[attachment name].html" /> the directory being under the existing location.

It almost makes sense that the browser thinks it needs to open another tab when a local path is referenced that's not under the sitebrains path.
The key word there being almost... I can't fully wrap my tiny little brain around it right now.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Quote

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software