zenrain
WebBrain is in it's infancy (at least I hope it is). Unfortunately right now it's usefulness is pretty limited.

Here's some suggestions to help with that.

1. Get it working on iOS 6. I reported this in September and it still hasn't been fixed. I'm actually shocked that this wasn't addressed as soon as it was reported. Currently it's the only way to access TheBrain on an iOS device. [Edit 4-30-2013: Fixed]

2. Provide a bookmarklet. A LOT of the information I add to TheBrain is from the interwebs. This will give us a extremely quick and easy way to add sites. The bookmarklet should authenticate our WebBrain account, prefill the title of the site, the web address and highlighted text from the article should appear in the notes. 
Defining a default thought for bookmarked sites would be the easiest. If you want to get really fancy, give us a way to add our tags, thought types, and parent thought on the fly. Allow us to request the full page is archived at the time we bookmark it, preserving it as an attachment in case the page is taken down, moved, lost, etc.

3. Allow us to e-mail thoughts. I'm including it in here because it will require the server to process the information. Once again, the subject line should be the thought title, the contents of the e-mail should be added to notes, and attachments added as, well, attachments.

4. Searching WebBrains was removed a while ago now. It's ok, it didn't really work. Bringing it back allowing us to search the name of WebBrains will increase the site's usefulness, as would giving us the ability to bookmark favorites. Even more powerful, allow us to search the content of public brains. That would turn WebBrains into an incredible research tool.

5. RSS. Give us the ability to subscribe to thoughts in a WebBrain. When thoughts are added, we get a notification and a link. Sweet!

6. RSS Part Deux. Allow us to subscribe to RSS feeds and have new posts automatically add a child thought to the subscribing parent. 

7. Give us a way to import sections of WebBrains into our own database. This should be an option for the owner of the public brain to allow, and possibly only make importing the selected thoughts available to subscribers. 
I can't tell you how many times I've seen a thought or two and have wanted to add the information to my database. 
Better yet, allow us to subscribe to a thought similar to the RSS suggestion 5, but instead of adding it to an RSS reader, it will add it automatically to our Brain. I can't even begin to fathom how much this would increase WebBrain's utility and power.

8. Add integration with other popular online services. To name a few:
  • Evernote
  • Gmail and Google Calendar
  • Google +. Just kidding.
  • Pinboard
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • Facebook timelines
  • etc
Yes, I realize some of these are a pretty tall order. However, this would make TheBrain and WebBrain a force to contend with in knowledge management and as an online resource and presence.
macOS 10.12.3
TheBrain 9.0.161
mdlynam
Zenrain & TheBrain;

I can't speak to the iOS suggestion, but oh, would a bookmarklet and integration with other online services (to include Memonic & Squirro) be ever so sweet.

As for the ability to subscribe to others' brains (or allowed portions thereof)-- tres Borg. 
systemswiki
Zenrain, I concur with your evaluation of the current state of cloud services. Not only doesn't there seem to be any documentation that advises one of what should work it seems the developers aren't interested in providing any information as to what we might expect when in the future. As such I cancelled my subscription this morning. I'll check back in 6 months or so though from what I've seen over the last 15 years as a personal brain user I'm not very hopeful that the environment will be any more informative in the future than it has in the past.
mdlynam
I too am beginning to question why I'm spending ~$159 each year.  <sigh>
systemswiki
Mdlynam, I don't think I'm asking for a lot. I'd just rather not feel like I'm adrift in a liferaft so far out to see that I have no clue as to which direction is best to find land...
fernandopcoelho
I feel the same: no effective info or progress! Pay 159/year for never ending beta version that nowadays is even worse then a month ago is really annoying. Now I even can not get access to the contextual menu, I can not for instance delete or create child thoughts. On top of that the search box never worked!

I am start to think that this project was more or less abandoned by the developers, including a offline ipad version...
pthompson
Hello All,

We recently update (less than a month ago) WebBrain with a lot of great new features and have many more on the way. We also have a video coming, which will quickly go over all these new features. On top of this, our iOS and Android applications are soon to be released. We do not have an exact date yet, but if you follow our Newsletter we promise an announcement will be sent when we have more information. Aside from this, what other information are you all interested in?
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
systemswiki
Patrick, I think there should be a definition of what features/functions are supposed to work in webbrain.  TheBrain 7 documentation is marvelous, the webbrain documentation as far as I can tell is nonexistent. To find out what works and what doesn't is a trial and error process, which I consider inappropriate. And for those functions that aren't implemented I would like to know if they're actually planned or I should plan on them never being available?

I think the simple statement of the present is, I don't know what I'm paying for and also don't know what to expect.

Also as far as I can tell the last update of theBrain 7 was 9 months ago. This sort of gives one the impression that you're going out of business.
systemswiki
Patrick, I've been a user of personal brain since v1.0 and the documentation produced by thebrian.com related to the product has always been quite marvelous. I think over the years I've been spoiled into an expectation from thebrian.com which simply hasn't materialized with webbrain.
fernandopcoelho
Patrick,
Regarding information that I am interested in. I know that webbrain got some recent improvements. Maybe my problem is that I do not use on pc/Mac since I have the desktop version of the brain installed. I really need it for the iOS on my iPad, for consulting my brains and "gardening". In that sense please explain me how I can creat child, parent or jump thought or delete thoughts in the actual version of the webbrain on iOS. Before I could, nowadays I can not.
pthompson
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
fernandopcoelho
Hi Patrick,

Can you please be so kind and answer my previous question: "(...) in that sense please explain me how I can creat child, parent or jump thought or delete thoughts in the actual version of the webbrain on iOS? (...)"
Am I the only one that is facing this obstacle on the ios version on iPad?

Best Regards,
pthompson
fernandopcoelho wrote: Hi Patrick,

Can you please be so kind and answer my previous question: "(...) in that sense please explain me how I can creat child, parent or jump thought or delete thoughts in the actual version of the webbrain on iOS? (...)"
Am I the only one that is facing this obstacle on the ios version on iPad?

Best Regards,

Due to some changes in Safari, there is a known issue with this at the moment. Our engineers are aware and are working on a fix as quickly as possible.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
andreas
Patrick, I tried Opera and Chrome on the iPad. None work with Webbrain. The problem seems to be not only Safari-specific.
pthompson
I will let our engineers know. Thank you.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software