GregOsimowicz
Hi everyone, 

Thought some might want to have a look at my new website which uses a webbrain as it's method of navigation. Basically, rather than being a blog I wanted a website that is largely unstructured in terms of the traditional sections and categories you need to use with most web or CMS plaforms (I'm using Joomla). The website currently contains several hundred of links to different Sharepoint (an MS collaboration platform) resources and each link is tagged by area or technology (e.g. permissions, administration etc.). I have a fairly complex tagging scheme and just listing a long list of tags would not be very helpful. Instead each tag corresponds to a thought in a published webbrain which forms my navigation map. This way users can see all related tags and wander around the different concepts covered in a more interactive way. If they find a tag (thought) they're interested in they can click a link in the thought's notes which then takes them to the relevant page on the website. 

I quite like how things are implemented - each tag page contains a link that generates a popup and displays a corresponding webbrain thought. 

The only thing I'm not that happy about is the time it takes to load up the brain - unfortunately, it takes a few seconds but I guess there is not much that can be done about that. 

Sharepoint resouce center:  http://sharepointresourcecenter.com/

Greg Osimowicz
dcb_oz
Hi Greg,

Nice work. I'm thinking of using WebBrain as navigation for my site The Buchan Institute and you've solved for me the problem of needing a large brain on the front page. I like the way you've linked out to it.

Regards,

David
GregOsimowicz
Hi David, 

Thank you for the comment. Happy I could offer some inspiration/solution. Please post back when you have "enriched" your website with PB - it would be interesting to see this. 

Best regards, 
Greg

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software