Spacenexus
I have a particular thought in my megabrain ("Marketing") with 196 child thoughts, 3 jumps and two parent thoughts. When I try and activate the thought to active though in Normal View mode the brain is unable to makr it the active thought and doesn't show the child thoughts at all. If I go into expanded or outline mode, I can full access the thought with its child and associated thoughts.

I tried creating a new Marketing thought, reattaching everything around it and deleting the old one, but the problem still exists. Which leads me to think that there's some sort of corruption with one of the links or thoughts surrounding that thought.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Spacenexus
OK, over an episode of The Expanse (!) I've figured it out. There seems to be a unique inability to link a thought with AggData (https://www.aggdata.com/) as a child of the thought Marketing (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing). I can't figure out any logic to it. AggData links to other thoughts just fine, as does Marketing. In another test brain, the two link together just fine.

Totally weird, but I disconnected that link and kept it under an intermediate child thought of Marketing. No idea what that's about but it seems to have solved the issue by avoiding it. Something about those two thoughts in this particular brain at that particular location. Even adding those two thoughts in a different location in my megabrain did not cause issues.

Weirded out, but issue closed i guess.

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
metta
With 196 child thoughts, and while watching The Expanse, you figured out this detail? Amazing!

Just wondering: did the proto-molecule help your cerebral brain better understand your digital brain? ðŸ˜‰
mcaton
A curious case indeed.  Glad you found a solution and I don't want to cause any new issues, but now that you have unlinked them... can you relink them with any success? Any chance that you have been using directional or one way links??

Thank you,
Matt
Spacenexus
metta wrote:
With 196 child thoughts, and while watching The Expanse, you figured out this detail? Amazing!

Just wondering: did the proto-molecule help your cerebral brain better understand your digital brain? ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸Ëœâ€°

Not sure if it was proto-molecules or metta-chlorians! Either way, my brain was certainly displaying alienesque behaviour on that one. Considering the number of bugs, faults, crashes, power outages, daily maintainence cycles resulting in 60% uptime of my cerebral processor, my trusty old 8022 is running relatively well. I'll have to bite that bullet one day soon and convert to v9 I guess.
@170907:
TB8022 32bit

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
metta
🙂

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software