rengel
NextSync.png
Reinhard TB 9.1.19.0 and 10.0.25.0. WIN 10

Quality is the result of the attention paid to details.
rengel
Any reactions?
This is important, not just cosmetics!

metta
Not a clue. I was just waiting to see what feedback Support might offer.

All I can guess is that it might be a standard message that displays if there is a sync-related issue -- and, if you don't have a synced version of the brain online, then it might not apply. This is just a guess, though.

While we're waiting on hearing from someone at TheBrain, can you tell us:
> What triggered this error message when it initially occurred?
> Are you seeing this error message on a regular or occasional basis? Or was this a one-time occurrence?
> Does (did) this error message seem to be related to any other performance issues?
rengel
metta wrote:
> What triggered this error message when it initially occurred?

I performed: File|Utilities|Perform Data Integrity Scan

Quote:

> Are you seeing this error message on a regular or occasional basis? Or was this a one-time occurrence?

Always, when I perform this command.

Quote:

> Does (did) this error message seem to be related to any other performance issues?

No, not to performance related issues, but maybe to the undeletable thoughts issue.

metta
Thanks for your  feedback, Reinhard.

Hope this will help TB team figure out what the issues are.
mcaton
Reinhard,

As of right now, when it says "some errors detected and should be resolved on next sync" it's because it found an internal attachment with a missing file, so your local Brain will request it from the server on the next sync. Though, there's no guarantee that the server has it if this Brain was never synced... maybe it was manually removed on the desktop?

Thank you,
Matt Caton
rengel
mcaton wrote:
Reinhard,

As of right now, when it says "some errors detected and should be resolved on next sync" it's because it found an internal attachment with a missing file, so your local Brain will request it from the server on the next sync. Though, there's no guarantee that the server has it if this Brain was never synced... maybe it was manually removed on the desktop?

Thank you,
Matt Caton

Matt,
the point is: There is no online brain to sync with, and there never was. I don't use and don't need this feature. And a brain should just know, if it has an online counterpart. Apparently my brain doesn't, so the message is meaningless. It might be a little oldfashioned, but I prefer to work locally only with a solid desktop application.

Anyway, there seem to be errors. Is there any way, to resolve such issues without syncing? 'Attachment with a missing file' might be related to the undeletable thought issue. Surely, you must have tools and (hidden?) commands to dig a little deeper into the brain's database...

mcaton
Reinhard,

I understand your concern. I'll share this scenario with our engineering team to see what the next steps may be.  Let's start with this. Please run the Data Integrity scan again and upon completion, please send a copy of your log files into support@thebrain.com.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Reinhard - if you send in the logs, please reference this forum thread: 9889290

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software