pshanks

What does 'Open Thought Folder' do?

Anytime I selected that I get "The requeseted file does not exist. It may have been moved or deleted'

Thanks,
-- Pat
Axla
Yes, I have recieved the same message!

I KNOW this normally works, so I copied a file to the thought. Then tried the same, and the folder opened.

It seems the thought and PB4.0 does not make the folder by default, but waits until it is requested by the user.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Harlan
If you are using 4.0.4.4, you should not get this message. (this command opens a folder for the thought, in which the thought's attachments are stored - you can use this folder to drag and drop things to as well as to otherwise tweak the data) If the folder does not exist, it should get created when this command is selected.

If you are using 4.0.4.4 and you still get this message, please post the content of your output.log file from the PersonalBrain program folders after you have replicated the problem so we can take a look at what's going wrong.
Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks
Here is my log file as requested.

I've tried using this on many thoughts and and I always keep getting "The requested file does not exist. It may have been moved or deleted"

Harlan

Thanks for posting your log file. There are a number of exception messages here that should not be happening. We have modified the code to better handle these errors and hopefully this will resolve your problem. We will post these changes in the next release (verison 4.0.4.6).

Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks
Hi Harlan,

Load PB 4.0.5.6.

Still getting "The requsted file does not exist. It may have been moved or deleted" for all thoughts.

Thanks,
-- Pat

Harlan

Pat, can you post your output.log file again please? Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks
Harlan,

Here is the output.log from a couple of brains that have this problem.

Thanks,
-- Pat
Harlan

Pat, we will contact you next week to try and troubleshoot this problem as we cannot determine what is going wrong based on the log files. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
pshanks
PB 4.0.4.9 Window Vista Ultimate

Quoted from at http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=1889474

Open Thought folder command fixed
 - Fixed does not work under Vista.

This IS now working for me using Vista Ultimate.

Thanks,
-- Pat

Harlan

Great. Thanks Pat.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software