NickHowe
The right click context menu has an item called 'Paste Web Link'.  I haven't been able to get it to do anything.  Any ideas?
NickHowe

Bump.  Anyone????

Spacenexus
Yeh, doesn't do anything on mine either .

Also, dragging a URL to an active thought doesn't embed the webpage in that thought, it creates a child. The only way to attach the weblink seems to be a convoluted route through the attach files dialogue.

cheers

Jim
@181218:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
Harlan
You can add a URL to active thought by dragging and dropping to the attachments list.

Copy and paste of web links is not yet working...
Regards,
-Harlan
spytech128
I wish PB4 could have a Windows right-click context-menu with choice(s) to "add Thought to PB" and "add web link to PB", etc; like the programs EverNote or OneNote that have a context-menu feature when you right-click on a webpage,  Outlook contact or message. That feature would really be a tremendous help and would make adding things to PB very intuitive and user-friendly.  Is that kind of feature already in the works to add-in, in the near future?
Spytech128
ChrisCase
Sounds good, but Evernote simply appends to one long file.  If this option existed for PB, where in the Brain would the URL be inserted?
spytech128
I was referring to the capability of having a right-click context-menu choice to copy the web page or link to a Thought or Child-Thought. That, I thought, would be an easy way and a Windows-intuitive type of way to add thoughts to our Brain; without the right-click (in PB) add attachment, link to URL steps or the highlight the URL copy or drag it into PB -(that step is the easier of the two) but I was thinking of another option with a bit of familiarity to Windows' context-menu format. I thought it would be a nice alternative way to do it. Maybe not?
Spytech128
ChrisCase
Yes, I understood all that. My question was:  where in the brain do you imagine the link or text being inserted? In whatever happens to be the central thought at the time?  If you have to go to the brain and select where you want it added, wouldn't it then be easier just to drag it?

Of course, at the moment you can drag a link or image into the brain, but not text, which can only be dragged into a note...

ChrisCase
Actually, perhaps this is another reason to have what someone proposed:  a sort of Inbox  as the default destination for new thoughts, though I'm not sure how that would be best implemented...
spytech128
I was figuring that the right-click feature would place the selected "whatever it is" to the current active thought or chosen as a child thought of the active thought.
Spytech128
ChrisCase
Of course, if you have ESP Sync switched on, the active thought could be changing all the time without your knowing it...
Harlan

I think that if we implement "inbox" type functionality this could be very nice. Without that, it seems like you have to know where you are in your brain beforehand, which may not be the case... We'll make a note of this idea for the future in any case.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software