Cerebrum
In Account Settings / Licenses and Services, I see this:

TheBrain Pro Combo: 6 days until expiration.
Eligible for free upgrades released until 12/1/15 11:59 PM.

What happens if I don't renew?

pthompson
Cerebrum,

This is explained HERE.

Quote:

If your ProCombo subscription expires or you choose to cancel, you will no longer have access to TheBrain Pro Cloud Services or be eligible for Free upgrades to new versions of TheBrain. You can, however, continue using TheBrain Free Cloud Services. The difference between the Free and Pro version of TheBrain Cloud Services is explained in our Cloud Services FAQ.

Your perpetual, Pro license will still be available to you and enables you to continue using TheBrain Pro Edition desktop software for the last version of TheBrain that your subscription was active. When a new version of TheBrain is released, you will be required to purchase a license upgrade if you wish to use the Pro Edition of the new version being released.

Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Cerebrum
pthompson wrote: When a new version of TheBrain is released, you will be required to purchase a license upgrade if you wish to use the Pro Edition of the new version being released.How much is a license upgrade if I don't have a Pro Combo subscription?
Based on the price of upgrading to version 8, it seems that the price is the same as renewing my subscription.
pthompson
Cerebrum,

If you're referring to a license only, prices have not been determined for this yet for TheBrain 8 to TheBrain 9. The ProCombo is always $159/ year.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Cerebrum
How do I renew the Pro Combo subscription?
I don't see anything that explicitly identifies the process for renewing.
Does the renewal happen automatically if a credit card is on file?

FWIW, my account now says "TheBrain Pro Combo: Expired today" but I think it should say "Expiring today". I still have Pro Cloud Services.
pthompson
Cerebrum,

Yes, if you have a currently active subscription with a valid credit card on file, it will renew automatically. If you have an expired subscription and want to renew that subscription, you would do that from our Store Page by entering your email address in the Upgrade TheBrain section at the bottom of the page. It looks like you already have an active subscription and that it automatically renewed today.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies
Visnet
Cerebrum,

I had the same too earlier. My license expired also on the day the payment was done. I think the software is not checking based on time zone... my new day starts a few hours before the US starts a new day and probably executes the payment?

After a few hours this was corrected again, but it is a nuisance not being able to sync attachments in this period of time. So I do hope thebrain team will solve this?

Wim
Brigitte
Thank you for mentioning this. It is a timing issue with the payment service that we are aware of. We will consider finding a solution in the future.

Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Cerebrum
It's one year later.
Shouldn't I receive some type of notification that my subscription is expiring?
pthompson
Cerebrum,

The way our current system works only notifies users if the credit card on file is not up to date. With our rebuild of TheBrain 9, we are also redoing and looking at the way our subscription service and its notifications operate. Thanks for the feedback.
Patrick Thompson
TheBrain Technologies

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software