westbroek
After a long time of using Light Blue I switched the default Dark Blue theme on today. Just for change.

I've once changed the wallpaper in the past. Wasn't a success. I like images of ocean, beaches, tropical feel. Too busy in the plex; some thoughts became hard to read.

So, which theme do you use? And did you customize it?
mbaas
I've used DarkBlue for a long time, but recently switched to a new wallpaper from Digital Blasphemy (found the site through recommendation from zenrain here)

(Edit: attached screenie )
Click image for larger version - Name: 24.02.png, Views: 512, Size: 571.37 KB
FransJehoul
Hello,

I use the theme "rubic cube" i did find on this message board.

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2712636&highlight=theme

Regards,

Frans
zenrain
This is my current theme. The plex colors are pretty heavily customized, as is the notes css file. When not using PB actively the plex goes to full screen and presentation mode.

Click image for larger version - Name: theme.jpg, Views: 494, Size: 74.46 KB
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
westbroek
Those are beautiful!

I'm off to waste some time .... uh .... increase my productivity by beautifying my PB a bit
nw

I'm using the default theme, but with links toned down. The picture I picked up via google search. I did a "fade to grey" on it have it as a watermark so that it wouldn't distract from the thought texts.

Nigel 
Click image for larger version - Name: PB_Theme.png, Views: 458, Size: 248.84 KB
westbroek
Nice one, Nigel!

Interesting to see these screenshots too.

I notice some of you have tags pinned: I'll look into that too!

And mbaas, why the double date, numerical and textual? Also, what's in your TwitterBrain, if I may ask?
jostber
Some nice looking stuff here! Avoiding busyness in the background, and too bright colors seems to be important.
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
westbroek
&hI'm now using endless blue as a background
Click image for larger version - Name: 2-25-2009_9-18-54_AM.png, Views: 422, Size: 453.25 KB
zenrain
Ohhh, very nice westbroek.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
mbaas
westbroek, the double date was not my idea, the agenda-part of my brain has been imported from a brain that Spacenexus did (see this thread).

The Twitter-Brain has lots of links about Twitter (BTW, if anyone is here is on Twitter, let's connect - I'm MBaas there as well) which I extracted out of my big single brain a few wks ago to share some info.  Yet - I have extensively revised that recently and new links are added nearly daily, so that brain is not in a nice & shareable state right now, but if enough ppl ask, I might rebuild it nxt wk, when I have more time...

westbroek
I'm always interested in seeing other brains. Always pick up something. Once you're done with it, feel free to share it, yes!
danielm
I also like having white text on black background, at least in my brains.

I use the default theme (or possibly the black one, I can't remember exactly), with a custom star image background I googled for, and that I find to be much nicer than the plain color or gradient ones, but also not too distracting. I tried various other background images, but even after toning them down I find they just make it harder for me to see things.

The font I use is Times New Roman, mostly because of issues with chars like ș and ț that are missing from most other fonts, and then PB cannot render them in the plex. Before caring about this issue, I used Bookman Antiqua.

I also use a few thought types, especially for GTD, but I don't like to have colored thougts, because I think their readability is drastically reduced (well, I have to admit I am also suffering slightly from astigmatism but choose to just use larger fonts, etc instead of wearing glasses).

I make the difference by assigning icons to thought types, which means that each time you change the type of a thought it automatically gets the specific icon for the type, unless it already has an icon of its own. Here is how they look like (unlike the rest of the icons in my brain I drew these images myself, so if anyone is interested I can upload an archive.)

I also found the default notes font completely unreadable, so I edited the notes.css file in the brain folder to have

/* default font */
  font-family: "DejaVu Serif";
  font-size: 20pt;
  /* background color and foreground color */
  background: #151B54;
  color: #FBB117;

which is (aproximately) large orange letters on dark blue. I don't like, however, that the cursor in the notes editor remains black and very thin (and so I can't see it at all in this setup)

I also use much larger interface fonts (ok on my 1920x1200 screen resolution I think they just look normal, instead of around 3mm tall), which required some weird tweaking of the java VM (because I couldn't figure out how to modify some of the fonts in windows, I hacked a bit and recompiled WindowsLookAndFeel).

westbroek
Great icons. If you're willing to share I'm interested!
danielm
Sure, here they are, hopefully, attached.

If you open them with windows preview you might be surprised to see just a white screen, that's because they are white & transparent (mostly, some black did escape here and there). Any decent photo program (not Paint) should be able to handle the transparency.

There are large and small versions, mostly because PB does a quick job at making thumbnails and they don't look as good as when resizing in an image editor (you can see ragged edges in the screenshot in my previous post; compare for example the "in" icon top-left of the large screenshot with the thumbnail generated for its source in the other image).

To assign an image to a thought type, do Ctrl-C on the file in Explorer and paste it in the edit thought type dialog.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software