tigerleaf

why cant search partial words in english phrases? but it work good in Chinese phrases。

search:kim,only show 2 results

thebrain 无法搜索中英混合.jpg 

mcaton
I'm puzzled by this as well.  The lower highlighted Thought in your screenshot would need some spaces (before the K at least) for it to show up in the search results, however, your active Thought clearly does have spaces and is not showing up.

Would you mind sending a copy of this Brain into support@thebrain.com for testing?  If the Brain is too large or contains sensitive data, you could copy this grouping of thoughts displayed in your screenshot and past into a sample Brain.  Notes and attached data can then be removed or renamed.  Click on File > Backup to Brain Archive...  Be sure to check the option for "Allow anyone to restore..." so that we can restore the Brain and test.

Thank you,
Matt
bot__bot
It's because the left parenthesis to the left of 'kim' is not ASCII '(' but the full-width vesion '' and is treated not as a punctuation mark but a word character just like 'a','b','c' etc, so you can't find 'kim' for the same reason if you search for 'cat' your thought named 'concatnation' won't show up.

If you insert a space before 'kim' you will be able to find it. Or use the single-width parentheses.

It's debatable whether this should be the default behavior, but I personally prefer the way TB search works as it is (mostly for selfish reasons, since I placed full-width punctuation marks like * & $ strategically in my thought names to help me find certain thoughts 🙂)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software