jpbarragan
Why not being consistent with our own conceptual structure. This Forum should be turned into a BRAIN.  It would be the biggest collaborative Brain, with thousands of users contributing to it. I guess that would be a much more versatile way of generating knowledge about this great tool, than the conventional linear way of displaying ideas of typical forums (as it is now). 

The Brain team should risk starting such project as a model of collective intelligence. Rules and methodology (fixed categories and semi fixed structure will be necessary) need to be established so as to prevent chaos, but I think it is worth trying.

Any ideas?
Juan Pablo Barragán
Odoo Concept
jpbarragan@odooconcept.com
enkidu
Applause for the idea !

On the practical side, I don't see how threads could be implemented, apart from a cumbersone chain of child thoughts ?

still, deserves to be studied.
cheers
enkidu
jpbarragan

I would say it should be a special type of front end format for this brain in which child thoughts should appear in chronological order  one under the other.

The topics and subtopics (categories and subcategories) should be types (one parent only for each subcategory), but the richness of the underlying relations will be found in the tags (as per V10 in which tags are exactly as thoughts). So if you want to see more relations you just choose the tags attached to any post and you will get into other related posts easily. Tags for me in this sense will be like the gateways into other regions of the  "Forum Brain"

Juan Pablo Barragán
Odoo Concept
jpbarragan@odooconcept.com
JohnAtl
Converting to Discourse would be really nice 👍🏼 
John

Rob2050
Discourse is great forum software!!!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software