GerSch
... in TheBrain? Here is an very interesting article from the Evernote Blog. When I read this I know why we have TheBrain... ;-) What do you think?
mctrexler
Wow!  I have to back and read in more detail, but what an interesting piece! 
mbaas
Wow, can't we get Tiago Forte to meet with Jerry and Harlan? ;-)
Cerebrum
Interesting stuff. Some key points: Quote: By labeling this note with so many cross-referenced tags, I’m not only locking myself into conventional ways of approaching these fields, I’m creating a false sense of confidence that I’ll be able to find the “right” information when I need it.
The conclusion I came to was that there is no substitute for the deeply creative act of seeing two puzzle pieces, and applying focused attention to intuit how they fit together. No system can directly replace this kind of thinking through “hard links,” so the only option is to make the process of creating “soft links” on the fly as easy as possible, thus conserving the amount of attention applied.
THE VALUE OF A NOTE CORRESPONDS TO HOW MUCH ATTENTION YOU’VE SPENT ON IT.... This, in turn suggests an entirely new purpose for Evernote: A SYSTEM FOR TRACKING HOW MUCH ATTENTION HAS BEEN PAID TO A GIVEN NOTE.
When I look at successful people, I notice again and again that it is this — the ability to systematically capture and review and deploy their ideas, further strengthening their creative self-esteem, leading them to value and generate more ideas, and so on in a virtuous loop — that really sets them apart. Not the original quantity or quality of ideas, not their brilliance from birth, not luck.
The best of the best use organizational systems as a means to a very worthy end: to create rapid, self-reinforcing learning and feedback loops that can be adapted and reconfigured to any purpose.
Creativity can’t be created directly, but it can be cultivated. Like all complex, emergent phenomena, you can’t plan it precisely, but you can create the right conditions for it to emerge.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software