icarus
When one has selected Auto-hide - eg. <Window> <Auto-hide right> - the brain wants to stay on top. It doesn't hide when another application is selected, clicked at/on.

I did some testing. Here my findings:

When I select another window next to the brain by clicking to it, Personal Brain looses the focus for a very short time. About half a second.
In this time the title bar changes the color from active (eg blue) to inactive (eg. grey). It then comes back to active right away (within less than a second, approx. half a second).

Work-around-"solution" (not really)
When one does perform a medium speed manual (!) double click, the brain hides.
The trick is, to catch the right timing. A configured double click (eg on a special mouse key) does not work.
After the first click, one has to wait for Personal Brain to react and change the color of the title bar. Then one have immediately to click again.
Too fast doesn't work, too slow doesn't work. On my system it is about half a second between the clicks.

Sometimes I've got the feeling, that the success also depends on the background app or spot where one clicks.
Sometimes I have to take a few attempts. But the clicks always need to be within the above mentioned time sequence to make the Brain hide.

This is a very nasty bug and hinders me for using the brain effectively for testing.

Thanks for fixing.

Greetings from Switzerland,
Rolf

rgloor / aka icarus
Tracy
Hi Rolf,
Thank you for reporting this. Can you confirm if you have downloaded the latest 6.0.0.4 ? If not, please do this and let us know results.
Tracy Barr
TheBrain Technologies
BillKracke
I have had the same issue. Running the latest beta. (6.0.4)

Win7 x64
Moe
Please replicate the problem then close down PB. After closing down PB please forward a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com. If you are using Windows 7 please make sure to set PB to run as administrator so that the output.log file will be generated in your "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder.

Thanks,
Moe

icarus
Hi

I can confirm: PB v 6.0.0.4

Java: up-to-date   (v 1.6.0_20)

output.log has been sent to above eMail address.

Greetings from Switzerland,
Rolf

rgloor / aka icarus
icarus
Not solved in 6.0.0.5b

I just installed version 6.0.0.5.

The bug however has not been solved.
Still behaves as described in first posting of this thread.

rgloor / aka icarus
GRSaunders
FYI...this is still happening to me in 6.0.0.6-b on WinXP.
dlorde
I get the same problem on PB v6.0.0.6-b on my Dell Win XP machine using ATI Radeon HD 3450 - Dell Optiplex graphics adapter with driver version 6.14.10.6891.

I'm running dual monitors on this machine.

The carefully timed double-click work-around described in the OP works here too, but it's not satisfactory.

icarus
Still NOT working with  PB v6.0.0.7b.

Status still as with first post.
Timed double-click work-around works still as described.

Good luck on finding the bug.
If I can be of any assistance for tracking down the bug, please let me know.

rgloor / aka icarus
rgloor
Still NOT working with PB v6.0.0.8b.

...still as above.

rgloor
jroeterd
I just found out that with 6.0.0.8b a single click on the desktop space or the other application is not working but a double-click is working OK.

Looks like they are on the right track.

Jeroen
bmac
For me, double or single click does nothing.  A single click temporarily hides the PB window but within 1-2 seconds it reappears.

Does Auto hide work for anyone?

Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7
jroeterd

a single click is also making it reappear but a fast double-click not. So with a little work-around it is working for me.

Jeroen

Harlan

No, this has not been fixed yet. Yes, auto-hide works on most computers - in fact every computer I have tested, but it does fail on some. As soon as we get one in our office to fail, I am sure we will find a fix.

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.  Is there a connection of failure to 64 bit machines?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i7

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software