PJMiller
My laptop has just spontaneously updated itself to Windows 10.

After the update TheBrain went from the Pro License I have been using to the Free version.

I had to activate it again.

Someone who purchases a Pro license only gets four activations for that license, which is inadequate in my opinion.

If the upgrade of a third party piece of software which has nothing to do with the Brain has used up one of those activations which I have paid for I will be quite angry.  After all it is the same computer as it was yesterday.

Unfortunately The Brain Technologies give their users no feedback which I can find on the number of activations which have been used and how many they have left.

This activation system seems really broken to me.
pthompson
PJMiller,

You don't have to worry about the upgrade to Windows 10 taking up an activation seat; It doesn't. If you ever have any trouble activating the Brain on another machine, feel free to contact us at support@thebrain.com for assistance.
metta
I've been a brain user for several years and did not know anything about this activation limitation.

Where / how are new users notified about this? Is this in the fine print of TheBrain's terms of use?

I couldn't find anything about a limit to the number of activations in TheBrain 8 User Guide.
pthompson
Metta, 

It is mentioned in our Purchasing FAQ.
metta
Thanks, Patrick. I appreciate the additional clarification.

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software