HanBav
I try to get some knowledge about use of XML for some special structured data.
So I use the oxygen Editor for getting deeper in this XML-World.
I hope to come to a point where I could select and extract data from brain "to the outside world".
For example by use of RegEx.
Maybe even inserting additional information into brain, that brain is not yet using or showing but will not destroy it?
Is anybody interested in sharing results, ideas, knowledge about xml, css, XSL?
... Furthermore I think TheBrain is unique
regards Hannes from Bavaria
Brain Junky V6.x Pro / WebBrain / V7 Beta /
Win 7 Prof 64 & 32, MS Office 2010 & Outlook & Firefox & IE
autoxracer
I have been thinking the same thing.  The brain is awesome but the reporting function is less than ideal.

I want to write a parser that will take the brain xml and put into a useful format for creating reports.  ONe simple option is to write to a data record format and use an excel pivot table to generate flexible reports.

Any other ideas out there?

zenrain
I created a macro at one point using Macro Express that parsed the XML information from the copy thought function and printed the thought name and attached notes. I think after the 5x upgrade it stopped working and I haven't gone back and updated it.

I also started looking at creating another Macro to automatically create thoughts based on a prompt field (mainly for quick entry).
I found that the hardest part would be referring attachments (for example web pages) to the thought, as they are joined by an identifier (I believe the original thought GUID). This would have required me to assign a GUID at the creation point, and I didn't want to take the time to figure out how to create a random character generator with a macro.
Another issue was the linking it to another thought. There are two identifiers (A and B) in addition to the GUID. I'm not sure if I took the time to see if they reconciled to the two thought GUIDs they linked to.

You have already found it, but the xml definition file for the format is available at:
http://www.thebrain.com/dtd/BrainData1.dtd.

Edit: The link will not work by clicking it directly from here. Paste it directly into your browser and it will download the definition file.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software