rogerwalk
For feedback from beta users to the development team these forums (as used here and by many other software companies) are probably very important for efficient communication. In most other instances where I contribute to a forum with new topics, posts, and replies, I receive an email notification of any response or follow-up post. Do you have a similar tool or do I really have to open the forum every day "manually", screen all topics (initiated by others or by me) for new entries by the development team or other beta users? 

Do you have a recommendation/procedure to use the search tool for those updates?

Cheers, Roger

PC Win10; TheBrain 9.0.144
Roger
mcaton
Roger,

Thanks for posting.  There's a 'follow' button at the top of each thread.  Just click and you'll be notified each time a thread of your interest has been updated.

Also, there's an advanced search button (in the search drop down) a the top of the forums as well.  Pretty basic options, but it might help you get to where you need to be.

Thanks,
Matt
Visnet
Matt,

Is there a possiblilty to not receive the daily update overview and still get updates when a subject is followed or started by me? It seems I can only have both and not only one?

Wim
zenrain
Go to Forum User Settings and under preferences select "Topics I Post In". Make sure email is selected. 
This way you receive an email the first time a topic you have posted in (or created) receives a reply.

You have to visit the topic before you will receive subsequent emails notifying you of other replies (I think).
macOS 10.12.4
TheBrain 9.0.162
Visnet
Zenrain,

That was not my question. I have this enabled, but am also receiving a daily mail on all new and updated topics, even if on topics I am not subscribed to that are updated. That last one I don't need, I will see that when I visit the forum. I have not found a way to only receive mail on subsribed topics?

Wim
Visnet
Double poste.. removed [frown]
mcaton
Wim,

• Click on the small arrow next to your icon in the upper right hand corner of Forums.TheBrain.com.
  • Select Settings
  • In preferences, you can select to automatically follow None, Topics I Start or Topics I Post In.  Highlight NONE and then click on Update. 
Now you'll only follow specific topic threads that you manually select.  

Thanks,
Matt
Visnet
Matt,

I am used on other forums to choose " Topics I Post In", so I do not have to select those anymore. It is only the daily mail I don't want to receve? It is confusing at least to choose the option " Topics I Post In" and then get a daily mail even if there is none?

If I set it to none, I am sure i won't respond on threads I am following anymore - I am of that age [eek]

Wim
mcaton

Good point.  I'll see if we can modify this setting.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software