Spacenexus

Hi

Here's an idea i've been bouncing around for a while and it works rather well. When it comes to making business and other decisions there's always benefit to exploring different angles and ideas.

What if you could have your own virtual council of advisors, mentors and achievers on tap to help out when you need? Using PB in expanded mode with a customised background creates a great environment for your virtual brainstorming decision matrix. I've included an introductory set of people for your virtual team but you can add others as well as friends and colleagues.

To run it, simply write and set-type the proposition in the parent thought, go to expanded mode and assess for each of the people what they think of the proposition and whether it's an acceptable risk; place the thought in the corresponding position on the scale. Then set-type what you think their vote would be. Note that they might find it acceptable and a good idea but still 'vote' no. Following your gut instinct on the vote works well. I have a multiscreen setup so am keeping my virtual team up on one screen ready to advise!

This is the tip of the iceberg and I will be building more capability into it and the tool will further come into its own once expanded views can be saved so that a library of decision outcomes can be built up. In the meantime this is a useful glimpse into expansive thinking and a great example of PB versatility.

Happy thinking!

Jim

Click image for larger version - Name: Interactive_Dynamics_-_4.JPG, Views: 4170, Size: 89.65 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Interactive_Dynamics_-_5.JPG, Views: 4167, Size: 92.38 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Interactive_Dynamics_-_6.JPG, Views: 4143, Size: 88.13 KB Click image for larger version - Name: Interactive_Dynamics_-_7.JPG, Views: 4133, Size: 88.08 KB
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
FransJehoul

Good morning,

Brilliant!

Another way to use Personal Brain.
It's a pitty that thoughts couldn't yet be placed in a more permanent way.

Regards,

Frans

jwilson
What a great idea. Now I will be dreaming up more PB possibilities & solutions. 

Just a quick note for those looking into this idea.  You will need to set the Brain background using the provided graphics on the 'Interactive Dynamics' thought (right-click attach, select set as Wallpaper). Also you may need to uncheck the "Expanded View - Automatically recenter" to get the thoughts to stay where you want them.

Thanks for sharing this great idea!

joe

Spacenexus

Joe

I totally neglected to highlight those extra steps - doesn't work quite as well without the wallpaper activated!

Thank you!

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote
Dryopithecus
Great idea!!
steve625
Truly one of the great idea's I've come across.  I have played with it for the past several weeks as a separate brain, but have since moved the concept into my main brain.

Here are just a couple way's I use it.

What makes my "advisor's" so powerful is they ask me questions as I proceed with some of my daily / weekly routines.   For example:

During my weekly review when I try to get a handle around what I've accomplished for the week my thought "Weekly Review, Step 01 Review Previous Calendar Data"  is attached by link to David Allen who upon mouse over says "Steve, did you review in detail? Capture action items, reference data? Did you transfer into your system?"  this is accomplished by adding a link property label.  Stephen Covey asks "Steve, evaluate your week, remember the value of any week is not limited to what we do, but also what we learn"  etc.

And then on to Step 02, where Stephen Covey, David Allen, Benjamin Franklin etc all have UNIQUE link property labels of questions or comments they would ask if they were sitting across my desk.

Again, thank you for this idea!!

cjarmk
Jim,

I am a new PB user.  I came across your "think tank" brain while surfing brain examples.  Very nice and creative.  In your post, you mentioned you would perhaps be refining the brain.  Any progress?

Thanks for sharing,
 CJ

CJ
TheGrimReaper
nice

the grid on the background is nice... way to go for a 3D brain.

zenrain
+1
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Shiiko
Hi! 

Just wondered how this method has evolved in Personal Brain and in your life since it was originally posted.

Spacenexus
My dear Shiko

Greetings! I've used the thinktank occassionally for a bunch of brainstorm sessions and even used it in group collaboration! A bunch of us put our portraits into thoughts and once we had some brainstormed ideas on project, we went through each idea with each of us positioning our thought avatar in the position we thought best. With the save expanded view function now long enabled it provided a useful tool and systematic record of viewpoints, going far beyond the binary yes/no of most decision matrices.

Have you played with it much yourself?

best

Jim
@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

64bit Win10Pro
Brain user since zygote

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software