BHurd
After  4.2.1.0 giving me a problem with virtual folders and losing a few pins, I went back to the previous beta and waited for 4.2.1.1.  Just donwloaded it and I am very impressed/pleased with the performance enhancements and it looks like everything is working the way it is supposed to so far. 

Thanks guys, strong work!

zenrain
I agree, I've noticed performance has improved a lot in this release.

Thanks!

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jostber
That also goes for Suse 10.2 and 4.2.1.1, with improved performance. Very nice.

It seems important though to wait using PB till the  "Welcome To The Brain"  message has rolled completely over the screen. If I start using it before it is finished, CPU caused by Xorg use gets very high immediately. If I  wait  till the message is gone, the CPU use is normal.

Graphics card is ATI Radeon X1600.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

With all due respect and noting the friendliness of it, could there be an option to not have the "Welcome To The Brain?"

Thanks,
Steve
zenrain
But if it's disabled, how will I know my Brain is happy to see me?
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
ibsteve
It will be. It's a zen thing.
BHurd
zenrain, apparently you need to meditate longer so you can actually be one with your brain
Harlan
jostber wrote:

It seems important though to wait using PB till the  "Welcome To The Brain"  message has rolled completely over the screen. If I start using it before it is finished, CPU caused by Xorg use gets very high immediately. If I  wait  till the message is gone, the CPU use is normal.

There shouldn't be any difference... Can you reconfirm that this is the case? Anyone else seen this?

We'll add a preference so you can turn off this message. If you turn if off, you'll have to rely on your psychic connection to know your Brain is happy to see you.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
I see.
I will have to apply myself harder, so when it's available, I can disable the message, but still be at one with my brain.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software