gcoulthard
I have recently realized the "wow" factor derived from using PersonalBrain to give presentations. I've used it a few times in my lectures (I'm a Business Technology professor), and students enjoy the novelty of the interface. I love the ability to link to various websites, PDFs, and other files.

On to my question -- is there a way to display the Plex-portion of my brain only on the projector (i.e., maximize it's state), while viewing both the Plex and Notes/Attachment tabs on my local computer. I'd love to use the Notes as "speaker notes," ala PowerPoint.

Anyone else using PB for presenting information like this? I'd love to hear any tips and tricks that you may have.

Bye for now,
Glen

Spacenexus

Glen

Perhaps the simplest way is to use your windows display setup to treat your projector as a second monitor rather than as a normal mirrored output. Then you effectively have a two monitor setup enabling you to display the main plex in on the projector and your notes, reports, search etc on your laptop.

You can separate the notes, reports etc windows from the plex so they can run off different displays. It's basically how i run pb on my two screen setup so should work ok in principle with a projector.

You can also hide the toolbar in preferences which releases more plex real estate and keeps the focus on the presentation.

cheers

Jim

@170907:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141
Testing 9.0.224 Windows

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since zygote
mctrexler
Another thread relating to presentations with PB talked about being able to get full-screen "slides" by capturing a powerpoint slide as a PB thought icons.   I do that a lot, but I am not able to get those captures to displace in a full screen mode.  Is there a way to get the icons to expand to full-screen "slides?"

Any other "presentation with PB ideas" with the updates given Brain and PPT updates since this threat was last active in 2008? 

Thanks,

Mark

zenrain

The only way would be to set PB in full screen mode (double click the plex) and mouse-over the icon while presenting.

macOS 10.13
TheBrain 9.0.239
voppense
Communication is not really a strength of PB. It would be nice to have presentation/thought paths. In fact this could be quite simple you define a specific path you want to walk within your brain that communicates to your public. It could work like a recording or it could be working like you see in prezi ( http://www.prezi.com).
Each step should give you the possibility  to determine what you want to see on the presentation screen - the plex, notes, calendar or combination of these.
jroeterd
I would really like to see prezi-like presentation functions including zoomlevels ... and the other stuff voppense mentioned ...  and then full-screen ...

Add a Website Forum to your website.