Cornan
I've confirmed that this previously reported issue (custom tabs reset) is still in effect for 6.0.4.8, and as I noticed that the issue wasn't moved or copied to "PersonalBrain Issues" I'm posting it here today:
  • close 6.0 with custom tabs layout
  • run 5.5 (not necessary to open a brain)
  • close 5.5
  • run 6.0 - the tabs layout has been reset
Wouldn't this be a great time to have the developers spend just a little time scrubbing PersonalBrain for cross-version issues?  Whether it's due to shared Java objects / classes, shared file or Registry entries or "something else", these persistent issues make it difficult to run two releases on the same machine.

My other main cross-version issue for 6.0 is that my existing Windows shortcuts with properties like the following:

"C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain\PersonalBrain.exe" C:\database\PersonalBrain\current\Wayne.brain

run PersonalBrain but fail to open the brain given as the command-line argument.

Cornan
6.0.5.6 / Windows XP sp3

No longer running 5.5, but the layout is still getting reset.

This time it was after a hang / "End Task" / restart.

Moe
Hi Cornan, Thanks for posting. PersonalBrain 5.5 is no longer being offered on our website for purchase, so this issue will not be fixed in version 5.5.

Thanks,
Moe
Cornan
This is NOT a 5.5 issue!

What I said was that I was still having the issue, even though I am not using 5.5.

Should I start a new thread to avoid confusion in the future?

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software