Go to top of the forum TheBrain Message Board RSS Feed
TheBrain Technologies Forum
Register New Posts

Author Comment

DoeJoe

Reply with quote  #1 
PB Notes taskbar is corrupted in 10.7 Lion. The buttons are all green question marks. Might be some kind of java issue.

PB
iMAC 3.4 Intel Core i7

DJ

zenrain

Reply with quote  #2 
Bump.

Also, this would be a good time to ask if PersonalBrain will be compatible with Lion when it's released.

TheBrain 8.0.0.8
Moe

Reply with quote  #3 
DJ and Zen, Thank You for posting. We are currently testing PersonalBrain for compatibility issues with OS X Lion. So far the only issue we have run into has been with the notes tool as DJ has mentioned in his post. The notes toolbar items (eg Bold, Italic, Underline etc..) appear to not render properly in OS X Lion although they work without a problem. We have notified our notes editor vendor regarding this problem and are currently awaiting a fix which we'll implement into a future build of PersonalBrain. We'll be updating this thread as further testing reveals any further issues. 

Thanks,
Moe
zenrain

Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks Moe!

TheBrain 8.0.0.8
DoeJoe

Reply with quote  #5 
I have not identified any other issues either and use PB extensively everyday.

Thanks Moe.

DJ

jwagstaff

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi, any more word on this? Seems to be the only issue (actually would be great to just be able to get rid of the note toolbar to make more space...) 
Moe

Reply with quote  #7 
jwagstaff, Thank You for posting. At this time the only issue is that of the notes toolbar mentioned in my previous post. If any further issues arise, I will certainly update this thread .

Thanks,
Moe
dcb_oz

Reply with quote  #8 
Great to hear you're ahead of the curve. Looking forward to the fix as I've now got the same problem.

For the record, MacBook Pro 13" Core i7, Lion 10.7
sandysantra

Reply with quote  #9 
When can we expect an update?  The Tools Window looks awful on the left in the Notes area because of the display aberrations; I see a dozen psychedelic icons crowding the space.  I'm stuck using only the Plex.
flechewounds

Reply with quote  #10 
I'm curious, too.
Moe

Reply with quote  #11 
Hi All, Just wanted to mention that we have a solution that is currently being tested. 

Thanks,
Moe
Quorcork

Reply with quote  #12 
I'll add a new issue to this thread:

In Lion i am unable to drag & drop an email into PB. Nothing happens when trying to drop.

Best regards
Silvan
Moe

Reply with quote  #13 
Version 6.0.7.3 (Release Candidate) is out which resolves the notes toolbar icon issue. This release can be download from our downloads page. To download this release, please select the heading titled "Release Candidates and Betas" located midway down the page.

Please note, that version 6.0.7.3 is a release candidate which contains incremental fixes and enhancements but is not as stable as the official release. Generally speaking, you should not download the release candidate unless you can't wait for one of the changes it contains. 

Please let us know if you run into any issues when using version 6.0.7.3 (RC).

@Quorcork, Are you dragging and dropping from Mac Mail into PB or from your web browser when you run into the drag and drop issue? If you are dragging and dropping from your web browser, please let us know if your using Safari, FireFox or Chrome as well as your web browser version. Also, please reproduce the drag and drop issue then either post or email a copy of your output.log file to support. Below I have listed instructions on how you can obtain a copy of your output.log file.

How to obtain your output.log file on a Mac:

If you go to PersonalBrain in the Applications Directory and select SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS in the Finder window, you can find the output.log file in the Contents > Resources > App folder.

Thanks,
Moe

Quorcork

Reply with quote  #14 
Thanks for the Feedback, Moe. I'll send a log file.

Regarding the mail issue: I'm talking about the Mail application, not a web browser. Dropping safari URLs into the brain works well.

Besides, another note: As Lion Mail converts the complete mail data into a new format (I don't know the details) all Email links in an existing brain are broken. It seems the individual mail file names have changed.
This is not too fatal as the mails subject is still present in the thought, allowing to find & relink it via spotlight (once d&d works again).

Cheers
Silvan
Moe

Reply with quote  #15 
Silvan, Thank You for further clarifying on the issue you have run into with drag and drop. I was under the impression that you may have been dragging and dropping email messages from your web based email (eg Gmail, Yahoo mail) via your web browser. I just tested drag and drop from Mail 5.0 into PB 6.0.7.1 (current stable release) but did not run into the issue you are experiencing.

Can you re-test drag and drop from Mail into PB making sure the email message you are dragging and dropping has been selected. When you select a message in Mail it will be highlighted. If you drag and drop without selecting the message so that it is highlighted the message will not attach in PB.

Thanks,
Moe
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download PersonalBrain Mind Mapping Software