Jim
Hi <br><br>I used to know how to do this, but can't remember which file I need to edit.<br><br>I have moved to libreoffice from openoffice and none of the defaults in PB6 will run libreoffice, so I'm left typing in 'libreoffice3.4' every time.<br><br>Cheers<br><br>Jim<br><br>
Jim Hitch
English Language Services Limited
http://www.englishlanguageservices.co.uk
Moe
Hi Jim,

Thank You for posting. 

The commands used to open various file associations can be modified by editing the text file "DefaultUnixCommands.properties" located  in the "PersonalBrain/res" folder.

If this file does not exist, create it using an editor. Each line should start with an extension, then an equals sign, and then the commands that should be used to open it in order of preference.

To change the default browser, edit the order of the commands for the htm and html extensions. The default values are:

html=firefox,opera,konqueror,epiphany,quanta,mozil la,netscape
htm=firefox,opera,konqueror,epiphany,quanta,mozill a,netscape

To make konqueror the default browser, this can be changed to:

html=konqueror,firefox,opera,epiphany,quanta,mozil la,netscape
htm=konqueror,firefox,opera,epiphany,quanta,mozill a,netscape

Note that PersonalBrain will use the first application in the list that is available and ignores all of the others in the line. So, you could also make this simpler and just write:

html=konqueror
htm=konqueror

But if you ever uninstalled konqueror, Web pages would fail to open at all.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Moe

Jim
Moe

Thanks for the reminder, A new install of PB had evidently deleted the file, hence not being able to find it!

Jim
Jim Hitch
English Language Services Limited
http://www.englishlanguageservices.co.uk

Add a Website Forum to your website.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter Signup        Visit TheBrain Blog   Visit TheBrain Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Follow Us       Like Us on Facebook   Like Us         Circle Us on Google+  Circle Us         Watch Us on Youtube  Watch Us       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software