Thanks for the info Marc I have heard from others as well that mucommander works for file drag n' drop.
Have you been able to drag and drop web links into TheBrain at all? That is something I cannot get working. I have tried with Firefox and Chromium. There is an older topic here that wasn't answered:
And it looks like it may have worked at some point as indicated by this Transitioning to TheBrain 7 Guide:
Page 13 says: "Drag and drop of files and URLs is supported in Linux"
I can't imagine that support would have been removed but I can't figure out how to get it to work (URLs specifically).
Here is my current workaround for pasting URLs in TheBrain:
1. Create bookmarklet with the below code to enable copying of the page title:
2. I use the Vimium extension for Chromium so I can quickly copy the page URL (yy) but you could also Ctrl+L, Ctrl+C and also to quickly navigate to the above bookmarklet.
Then to actually paste into TheBrain
1. 'b' followed by "copy" to open the bookmarklet
2. Ctrl+C to copy the page title
3. Alt-tab to TheBrain and Ctrl+Shift+V to create child of current thought with Page Title in clipboard
4. Alt-tab to Chromium and 'yy' to copy page URL to clipboard
5. Alt-tab to TheBrain and Ctrl+Shift+V to paste URL as web link of current thought
Not exactly as quick as simply dragging and dropping but until that is supported in linux it's the best I could do!