Ok, I've been trying to come to grips with the new notes functionality, but I can't stand it anymore. Let's be blunt, the current notes widget is:
- highly unresponsive: it e.g. several seconds before I can start typing in the notes of a newly created thought
- has a horrid look and feel (read very windowzy)
- has a ugly default style sheet
- it's not cross-platform (which shows e.g. in the fact the the copy shortcut is ctrl-c, which only makes sense in a windows world, it's in fact quit a feat to be so platform specific in Java...)
- it's language handling / localization is messed up
- lacks many of the basic things even the default OS X editor has to offer
I think back in say 1996 it would have made a great notes editor, but it is way behind contemporary offerings (at least on Mac). Honestly, it does not do PersonalBrain any good. The plex is so visionary, it has always been like 25 years ahead of everything else (in particular windows explorer and finder), but the accompanying notes tools have not been up to par. Please consider an alternative. This EditLive! (which I think you're using) thing is simply not good enough for PersonalBrain! Please pull the notes up to the next level, or at least offer something that is at least as good was what our OSs provide by default these days, such as the default OS X Cocoa text editor, which offers all that a decent contemporary notes tools has to offer and more, and which is way better than the current notes tool in PB.