PaulaO
So first I get this:

brain-error1.jpg

I have auto syncing turned off but I get this message as soon as the program starts. The first time, the message popped up that there was an update now I have to go to the help>update. It says there is an update (10.0.17).

As it begins it says it has to restart, then sits there with the updating window. I left it running last night for 12hrs and it never finished.

How do I fix this?
Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Spell checkers aren't worth shirt.

Writers and editors have their own demon. Typo is his mane.
zenrain
TheBrain Menu dropdown and then choose Check for Update. 

Or download and install the latest version from the download page.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54
PaulaO
That's what I  have been doing. The "check for update". I thought I said that in the first post. Thanks for the link!
Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Spell checkers aren't worth shirt.

Writers and editors have their own demon. Typo is his mane.
mcaton
It's a valid concern if the auto-update process is not working, so do keep us posted if experienced again in future updates.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Thanks for confirming, Matt. I routinely have problems with the update process on at least one of my 2 computers, but there never seems to be a predictable pattern, and the issues occur randomly on each computer at one time or another.

Will definitely share more info about this when it occurs again since I've had issues of one sort or another with the majority of my brain 9|10 updates.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software