rustyedges
Is this just me?  Could this be something to do with my master brain having been upgraded/imported over the years from past versions.  Although I do still get crashes with brand new brains as well, maybe not as frequently.

I saw the thread at https://forums.thebrain.com/post/crashing-when-opening-a-second-or-third-brain-10455002?pid=1310996625 so sounds like impacting others, but that discussion went in many dirrections.

See attached image just from trying to work this morning

error.png 

Brigitte
I have informed our engineers accordingly. In the meantime, please roll back to our latest release version 11.0.60: https://www.thebrain.com/download

Best regards
Brigitte
TheBrain Technologies
Harlan
The Alpha channel will continue to be less stable that the regular (Stable) channel. There is no connection to your brain data being imported/updated over the years as that is the normal case for most of our brains and that is what we plan for with each new release.

Recent alpha releases from 11.0.61 have been experiencing more errors that usual because of changes made to notes that have improved the line breaking algorithm. Unfortunately those changes have also lead to unexpected issues.

To go back to the Stable channel, you can always download from our main page as per Brigitte's suggestion. You may also want to change your update channel in Preferences > System to Stable or Beta.

Thanks for your help and patience.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Oh, also 11.0.67 is out now on the alpha channel and we are hopeful it will address the issue happening in 11.0.66.
Regards,
-Harlan
rustyedges
Harlan,

1. Quick run thought of 11.0.67, and does seem to fix it.  Thank you.
2. Actually forgot I was on the Alpha channel, so thanks for pointing that out! I'll be more aware in future.  Loving TB11
mcaton
Good to hear that .67 does the trick!

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software