veit
I'd like to suggest two improvements to notes that mimick the behaviour of Mindmanager I'm used to and love:

- an indicator on thoughts IF there is a note. Starting to adapt to PB I notice that I'm starting to burn mental cycles trying to remember IF there was a note on a thought or not...my eyes are constantly wandering down to the notes field. It would be wonderful to have a little indicator showing if a note is attached to the thought or not
- automatic display of the notes window ONLY if there is a note. I have all other "info tabs"...calendar etc. tabbed together with the notes which is the most important for me - I never really wanna see them. And the notes window I only wanna see if there IS a note. Otherwise I don't want those windows to clutter up my beautiful plex, please :-)

Might have been spoilt by Mindmanager, but if it's to be full adaption of PB I'd love to continue using the most simple features that simply work :-)

Greetings and thanks from Germany,

Veit

jroeterd
Hello,

I am using the tools hidden on the side so a notification icon when there is a note would be much appreciated. Mayby a little "N" floating to the left of the thougt? Like compendium is doing with the little "T" in the left upper corner (see http://compendium.open.ac.uk/institute/images/EssentialModelExample2.jpg)

The auto-display would make 'walking' through your brain uncomfortable. When I know a note is not to far away I tend to use the keyboard navigation to get there (example : 3x UP, 1x RIGHT, 1x DOWN). The automatic display of the notes-tool would make this navigation very unpleasant when 3 of the 5 notes I pass have notes and the other 2 have not.

The notification icon would be beter (IMHO) as you can always get to the note with the F5-key.

Greetings,
Jeroen
Harlan

The ability to display an icon when a Thought has a note has been added to the latest release of the beta. This is an optional display preference that needs to be turned on.

Regards,
-Harlan
jroeterd
Harlan wrote:
The ability to display an icon when a Thought has a note has been added to the latest release of the beta. This is an optional display preference that needs to be turned on.

I installed 4.5.0.1 and turned the option on. Restarted PB but no icons on thought with notes. Is this working for anybody else?

Jeroen
veit
Regardless of whether it's working yet or not (haven't installed the Beta yet), a big thanks to Harlan for listening to his users!! :-)
jroeterd
veit wrote:
Regardless of whether it's working yet or not (haven't installed the Beta yet), a big thanks to Harlan for listening to his users!! :-)

I agree very much, just wandering if I am alone in this or ...

Jeroen
NorthFarm
Hi,

no you are not alone

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2780422

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software