rengel
On Windows 64, why do you still a require a 32-bit Java Runtime for Installation and Uninstallation? I tried a clean install with TB7032 without a 32-bit JRE; it didn't work.

You claim "Works on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows" (unconditionally, without any qualification); and this just isn't the case for a pure 64-bit Windows system.

If you require a 32-bit JRE, because some of the components of your product do, it would be nice, if you said so. Because then, I (the user) could decide where and when to install the appropiate JRE.

Click image for larger version - Name: env0.png, Views: 236, Size: 119.13 KB Click image for larger version - Name: rnv.png, Views: 236, Size: 61.54 KB
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
Reinhard,

Are you running the 64-bit version of TheBrain? If you are not then you will need a 32-bit version of Java running.

Regards,
rengel
How do I know? How can I tell the version, and where can I choose it, given only the information in the screenshot?

There is no option to download a 32-bit or 64-bit version. During the installation, there is no question, which version I want to install. So I assumed, this is done automatically and apadted to the OS version. Even in the archive format, there is no hint. It just starts downloading. Your 'dedicated installer for the 64-bit version of Windows' should kick in, if it detects a 64-bit Windows, and ask some questions. (But may be I just made a dumb assumption and oversaw an important hint.)

Click image for larger version - Name: Download.png, Views: 195, Size: 42.17 KB
Reinhard, TB 10.0.48.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
rengel wrote:

I assumed, this is done automatically and apadted to the OS version. Even in the archive format, there is no hint. It just starts downloading. Your 'dedicated installer for the 64-bit version of Windows' should kick in, if it detects a 64-bit Windows, and ask some questions.

This is not the case for most 32 and 64-bit installers. There is, as far as I know, always a separate installer. With that said, as it was discussed previously, due to product quality issues, TheBrain 7 (64-bit) for Windows has been temporarily removed from the main download page until further testing can be performed. 

If you are interested in installing the 64-bit version, however, you can find it here: (http://assets.thebrain.com/downloads/TheBrain_windows-x64_7_0_3_2.exe)

Please keep in mind this 64-bit version of TheBrain does not integrate with non-64-bit programs. For example: If you install and run TheBrain 64-bit, drag & drop from Outlook 32-bit (or any other 32-bit application) will most likely not work.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software