rengel
On Windows 64, why do you still a require a 32-bit Java Runtime for Installation and Uninstallation? I tried a clean install with TB7032 without a 32-bit JRE; it didn't work.

You claim "Works on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows" (unconditionally, without any qualification); and this just isn't the case for a pure 64-bit Windows system.

If you require a 32-bit JRE, because some of the components of your product do, it would be nice, if you said so. Because then, I (the user) could decide where and when to install the appropiate JRE.

Click image for larger version - Name: env0.png, Views: 251, Size: 119.13 KB Click image for larger version - Name: rnv.png, Views: 253, Size: 61.54 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
Reinhard,

Are you running the 64-bit version of TheBrain? If you are not then you will need a 32-bit version of Java running.

Regards,
rengel
How do I know? How can I tell the version, and where can I choose it, given only the information in the screenshot?

There is no option to download a 32-bit or 64-bit version. During the installation, there is no question, which version I want to install. So I assumed, this is done automatically and apadted to the OS version. Even in the archive format, there is no hint. It just starts downloading. Your 'dedicated installer for the 64-bit version of Windows' should kick in, if it detects a 64-bit Windows, and ask some questions. (But may be I just made a dumb assumption and oversaw an important hint.)

Click image for larger version - Name: Download.png, Views: 204, Size: 42.17 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
rengel wrote:

I assumed, this is done automatically and apadted to the OS version. Even in the archive format, there is no hint. It just starts downloading. Your 'dedicated installer for the 64-bit version of Windows' should kick in, if it detects a 64-bit Windows, and ask some questions.

This is not the case for most 32 and 64-bit installers. There is, as far as I know, always a separate installer. With that said, as it was discussed previously, due to product quality issues, TheBrain 7 (64-bit) for Windows has been temporarily removed from the main download page until further testing can be performed. 

If you are interested in installing the 64-bit version, however, you can find it here: (http://assets.thebrain.com/downloads/TheBrain_windows-x64_7_0_3_2.exe)

Please keep in mind this 64-bit version of TheBrain does not integrate with non-64-bit programs. For example: If you install and run TheBrain 64-bit, drag & drop from Outlook 32-bit (or any other 32-bit application) will most likely not work.

Regards,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software