unconnoisseur
pbrain version 4.1.3.2 opening brain saved using pbrain 4.1.3.2.  Have not participated at all (zero downloads) in the beta program this time around.  Get messages "cannot be opened with this version of PersonalBrain. You must upgrade to at least version 4.2" and "redundant autohide call" right after logging the "Initializing ..." line.  Output.log file attached (line 107) and a zip of the brain.

Do I have to start using the beta in order to continue to use the production version?

-bc
mcaton
Bill,

You mentioned "this time around..."  Does that mean you've tried a beta in the past?  It sounds like the PersonalBrain file in question was opened in 4.2x at one time or another.  I'll take a look at the attached files and let you know. 

Also, there is a 4.1.3.6 release available (not beta) that you might be interested in upgrading to.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Bill,

I got the same message when opening in v4.1.3.6. 

Opening the Brain in the latest v4.5.0.3 Beta worked just fine.

I'm not sure how, but this Brain file was formatted to 4.2.  At this point, I would recommend 1 of 2 options:

1.  Switch to the v4.5.0.3 Beta.

2.  Follow the instructions at http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2535085 on rolling back to v4.1.3.6.

Thanks,
Matt
unconnoisseur
Like mcaton apparently did, I ended up just moving to the beta; it seems to be soaring away without release to the production public, anyway, so if it is reasonably stable, it's a better place for me, anyway. That worked for me, as it did for mcaton.

Matt, I was a beta member for 4.0, but I then became a conservative production user.  I am now on a new laptop, and until now, I had never installed the beta on this machine.  I am quite confident of that.

Anyway, I'm past it now, using the beta.  Thanks.

-bc

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software