zenrain
Performance for showing virtual folders has slowed to a crawl on 4.2.1.0, and sometimes causes PB to lock up completely. Additionally, no files are displayed within the folder. Disabling virtual folders resolves the issue.

Windows XP SP2.
Java 1.6.0_4

Edit
: Performance decrease is with virtual folders on the network, not locally.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
Unfortunately network folders will always cause this problem. Windows reading of the contents of network folders can be very very very very slow.
Regards,
-Harlan
zenrain
In 4.2.1.0 it practically brings PB to a standstill, or locks it up. 4.2.0.9 worked as normal.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan
That's odd, I don't think any changes were made specifically to virtual folders, but it could be getting affected by other changes. We'll check it out. Thanks.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
Both of the problems described here related to virtual Thoughts have been fixed in the upcoming 4.2.1.1. release. Thanks for posting.
Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Hi Harlan.

I have had some different strange behavior with Virtual Folders. I can add a folder. Works as expected. Unlink the folder and it will either disappear if it is not the selected thought or if it is it will then begin to propagate the plex with my finder folders. Pretty cool but not what I would like at that time. When I finally get control of the brain and go back to the regular thoughts everything seems ok except the virtual folder is listed in the recent bread crumbs and clicking on it brings back all of the virtual finder. It's like there is an alternate brain. Not a bad thing if it was controllable. Quitting PB and reopening appears to remove the recent unlinked virtual folder. I did notice that under statistics it appeared to add two to the number of external links.

Steve
Harlan
Steve, you can disable the display of virtual thoughts in preferences.

Everyone, please hold off on further bug reports related to virtual thoughts until version 4.2.1.1 is posted since there are a lot of bugs related to this feature that have been addressed there. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software