The experimental release of 4.3 was very successful and is now the official beta.
Improvements in version 4.3 are focussed on speed and stability. If you have large Brain of more than a few thousand Thoughts, you should notice a significant speed increase over both 4.1 and 4.2. Problems in the 4.2 release that resulted in the need to restart PB have also been fixed.
Special thanks to all of you who tried out the 4.3 release in its experimental stage.
Here are the details of all the changes since 126.96.36.199:
Version 188.8.131.52 *
May 28, 2008
· System Improvements
o Internal ID handling uses less memory, is faster, and has shortened prefixes
o Database caching is more memory efficient
o Creating large numbers of thoughts at once is faster
o Instant search initialization is faster
o Progress display has been reorganized
o Each step of converting older PersonalBrain 4 Brains can be visually tracked
o Automatically suggests restart after large PersonalBrain 3 conversions
· Mac OS Changes
o Fixed: Status messages cannot be seen
o Window controls in the upper left corner of each tool conform better to Mac standards
§ Red button removed (since close is not available), Yellow = toggle auto hide, Green = maximize/restore
o Various fixes added to the docking layout manager
May 23, 2008
- Speed of conversions from 4.2 is much faster
- Saving and conversion of Unicode characters in notes works properly
- Fixed: Issues the “can’t undo this action” warning when converting a Brain from PersonalBrain 3 format.
- Fixed: When a thought has an icon attached to it and an image is in the clipboard, "Paste thought-icon" is disabled.
- Fixed: In the properties Window, clicking on Display > Remove icon does not remove the icon.
- Fixed: Using drag and drop is used to change a thought from child to jump, (by clicking and dragging the thought from the child area to the jump area) does not work anymore.
May 22, 2008
- Changed backend
- Increased speed of all operations
- Fixed problems with links disappearing until a restart
- Size of BrainZip files reduced significantly
- Native look and feel used if available
- Notes menu mnemonics removed
· Unreleased internal build