twospoons

I'm not able to set the link type in 4.5.  All of the link types that I had previously defined are all greyed out.  Anybody else having this issue?

Wes
Dryopithecus
Works for me (under Ubuntu) - Windows or Mac-specific...?
twospoons
Windows XP Pro

I just upgraded to 4.5.0.1 and I'm still not able to set the link type.  It looks like all of my previously set links are now Untyped

I created a new brain file, to test whether this is an issue with upgrading from the previous 4.3 up to 4.5; the newly created 4.5 file with two brand new thoughts in it does not allow me to set the thought type either.
Wes
NorthFarm
I have not experienced any problems with setting or deleting link types in 4.5.0.1.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
twospoons

I loaded 4.5 on my laptop and link types seem to be working there.  Not sure what the problem is on my other pc. 

Wes
mcaton
Wes,

Could you compare the Java Plugin versions on the working and non-working machines?

Thanks,
Matt
twospoons
Matt,

My PC that is not working correctly has Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 1 installed.  I'll have to check on my laptop tomorrow at work.

I tried complete uninstalling PB and installing 4.5.0.1 and that didn't fix the issue.
Wes
twospoons
Another anomaly I just noticed is that when I right click on the plex, the view menu options for Normal, Distant and Expanded are all greyed out as well.

The expanded view button in the tool bar is also greyed out, but the distant thoughts +/- still shows up.

Just ran the updater for Java and verified that it is J-1.6.0_05.
Wes
twospoons

The java version on my laptop here at work is J-1.6.0_04 and it seems to be working fine with link types and switching views.

Wes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software