twospoons
If I right click on a thought and select thought type, the list of thought types displays correctly and I am able to select a type.

If I try to set the thought type from the Edit menu > Set thought type, all of the types are greyed out and cannot be selected.

PB 4.5.0.2
J-1.6.0_05
Wes
Shiiko
Confirmed.  My PB has the same effect.
mbaas
That's a problem I can't reproduce here (with 4502). Are you both running Windoze? (I am using WinXP)
dlorde

I also get this problem with 4.5.0.2 under Windows XP SP2.

Shiiko
I'm using XP Professional - v 2002 - SP 3
twospoons

XP Pro v2002 SP2

Wes
twospoons

But the question is, why should that be normal behavior?  Why should it not set the thought type of the thought that is focused in the plex?

Wes
twospoons
Ad,

If this is normal behavior then why isn't Michael able to reproduce the same results? 
Wes
Harlan
That shouldn't happen. I can't reproduce it here. Can you post your output.log file please?
Regards,
-Harlan
twospoons
Here's the output.log file of a session in which I just ran the following:

- Select thought
- Edit > Set Thought Type > Menu is greyed out
- Right click on thought > Set Thought Type > Selected 'Application' type
- Set Thought Type to --Untyped-- via the properties window
- Ctrl + Left click on thought > Edit Set Thought Type > Selected 'Application' type (works this time because it's not greyed out)
- Set Thought Type to --Untyped-- via the properties window
Wes
Harlan
Thanks, I was able to reproduce based on your description. We'll take care of this shortly.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
OK, the problem is actually the name of the menu entry...

There are two menus to set the thought type. The one under the edit menu is for setting the type of the selection. The one under the thought menu is for setting the type of the active thought. The menus have been renamed to avoid this confusion in the next release.

Regards,
-Harlan
twospoons

Thanks!  Sometimes I just a little clarification.

Wes

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software