SmartDust
After opening a zipped brain, indexing hangs again.
The number of notes dropped considerably between the original brain and the one expanded from the zip version. Is this expected behaviour? Did a previous version created empty notes that get discarded when exporting to zip?

Siegfried

PS: output.log and indexing.log attached for troubleshooting indexing problem

mcaton
Sigfried,

I'll make sure your output logs are delivered to the engineers.  The indexing will need to re-run on an uzipped Brain file, since the index folder is not included in the .brainzip file. 

Older 3.0 Brains did create empty note files.  But these should have been cleared when you upgraded to 4.

Thanks,
Matt
Harlan
The Brain you get when you open a BrainZip should be identical to the original. (There should be no change in the number of notes.)

BrainZip files do not include the index files, so they must be rebuilt when a BrainZip is opened.

When you  say the indexing hangs, do you mean it gets stuck on a particular item? If you close PB and restart it, it should recognize that there was a problem file and restart itself, skipping over the problematic file.

Regards,
-Harlan
SmartDust
Harlan,

Twice no.

1) I probably had a beta conversion from PB3 to PB4 leaving in "stale" notes. The zip process discarded these? Or is something else happening here?

2) It does not skip. It stalls time after time at the same thought. Similar to what happened before with the indexing issue. After killing PB4 (100%CPU at the same thought) and restarting, the indexing starts all over (accelerated till the thought that caused the stalling)

Best Regards

Siegfried

SmartDust
Any progress on this issue?

Brgds

Siegfried

mcaton
Siegfried,

Would it be possible to get a copy of your actual BrainZip? 

You can send it to me directly at matt@thebrain.com

Thank you,
Matt Caton
SmartDust
Matt,

Sorry but I can not send you the zip file. I can send you all the relevant logs though. Please specify what you require apart from the two logs I have posted earlier in this thread.

Brgds,

Siegfried

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software