dlorde

I just updated to 4.2.1.6 beta and find that when Personal Brain opens, it claims to be opening my brain, but nothing appears, and the File, Edit, Thought, and Options menu items are disabled... This happens with all my brains - help! How do I get my brain(s) loaded?

Harlan

Please post the output.log file from the Program Files\PersonalBrain folder. (On Mac OS, it's inside the application package.)

Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Hi Harlan,

I am having the same problem also. resizing the screen doesn't help.

Steve

ibsteve
Here is my output log.
Mariner

Try a complete reboot.  I had a similar problem with 4216 - kept getting something on the order of 'this file is already open' - and two reboots cleared it.

ibsteve
Reboot as in app or computer?
dlorde
Here is my output log...

dlorde
Mariner wrote:
Try a complete reboot.  I had a similar problem with 4216 - kept getting something on the order of 'this file is already open' - and two reboots cleared it.

Rebooting the PC hasn't cleared it here - There's no error message, PB just comes up empty with disabled menus. 

Harlan

Thanks for posting your output.log files. There is a bug 4216 that prevents initialization if the calendar is disabled (if you are running the free or core versions). If you are having this problem, please revert to version 4215. Later today we will put up a fix for this problem.

Regards,
-Harlan
dlorde
OK, thanks Harlan.

I can confirm this problem is fixed in 4217
punkmonksf
I get a similar problem in vs 4.2.1.7 and 4.2.1.8.

Launching PB, it appears to be opening my default brain but then doesn't. All of my brain buttons at the top disappear and the brain doesn't.

Opening it manually from the open menu after launch works fine and then all of my brain buttons reappear in the title bar.

Karekin
Harlan

Can you please post the output.log file? Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
ibsteve
Could this be the resize window problem that still seems to exists? This is different from the one where ALL menus were disabled.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software