bmac
this update will not allow me to either drag an attachment into the plex or the Properties & Attachments area.  I can force an attachment to a thought by using the "add attachment" icon in P&A, but PB4 will not allow me to move this file into the Brain.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan
What OS are you running? If you are running under Vista, DnD will not work if PB.exe is set to run as administrator.

DnD appears to be working fine in tests. Anyone else seeing this problem?
Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
But Harlan - I did not have this issue with 4215.  D&D worked fine with that version.

Running Vista Ultimate.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
bmac
Just on the chance that some wires got crossed in the new install, I closed PB4 and restarted the PC.  Now it works fine.  Go figure! 

Sorry to bother you.

Bill
Harlan

No problem. Vista is finicky... We have noticed that Vista's drag and drop spontaneously stops working on occasion - even between different folders within Vista itself. Sometime Vista will not even let you click on icons on the desktop... Reboot fixes it.

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
There still seems to be something fickle about moving attachments into the brain with version 4.2.1.6.  I thought this problem had been solved by rebooting the computer yesterday, but this morning, after the computer was fired up, I dragged an attachment from the desktop into the properties & attachments area of a thought.  PB4 created the shortcut link like it was supposed to do.  I then right clicked on the shortcut icon to select move the attachment into the brain and received the message that the brain could not accomplish this task.

I then went back to the desktop and dragged the file into the properties & attachments area this time holding down shift-control and the file was moved into PB4.

I agree that Vista is quite strange and I probably made a mistake purchasing a new computer with Vista ultimate, but these things didnot happen with version 4215 or versions prior to that.
Bill
Harlan

Is it possible the file was in use? As far as I know there were no changes made that relate to the moving of attachments betwwen 4215 and 4216. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
I also thought that the file might be in use, but after checking determined that it was not.  I will keep working with this and will report any further instances of this happening.
Bill
bmac
This is still occurring no matter what file I try to drag into the Plex or the properties & attachments area.  PB4 allows me to drag the file in thus creating a link.  But when I right click on that link attempting to move the file, PB4 complains.  The only way around it is to delete the shortcut link and drag the file into PB4 holding down shift plus control.
Bill

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software