Mariner
Thought and Type icons randomly don't show up on the plex.  Some icons show up, others are invisible but the space on the LH side of the thought where the icon *would* be is visible.
------
A bit of an update ... if the icon is associated with a Type, and one Edits / the Type, the icon is available in the editing dialogue.  Upon closing the dialogue, the icon reappears in the Thought.  This doesn't work for Thoughts that aren't 'Typed' but which have individual icons attached to them.

Harlan
Thanks for posting. Is this happening on all your untyped Thoughts with icons?

Can you please post your output.log file so we can see if there is a problem listed?

Regards,
-Harlan
tmanuser
I use PB4.3.0.3 with the same behavior. - Thank you for the tip with the Thought type.

regards
Torsten
Harlan

Please let us know if this has been resolved by 4306. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
tmanuser
No, it isn't. :-(

Torsten
Harlan
Please post a screenshot of the plex and the content of the Properties and attachments window. Also, if you could post the output.log, this will help us see what's going wrong.
Regards,
-Harlan
tmanuser
Hello Harlan,

the first thing, i have a link with a good old MS e-icon.
See the plex on the screenshot below.

On the second screenshot you can see the icon in the properties area when I have a properly link end with an "/".

Only when I insert a thought type than the favicon are displayed in the plex. 

At the end my output.log

regards
Torsten
Harlan
I understand now: The problem you are having is that the Favicons (icons associated with web sites) are not displayed on thoughts, but they instead show the generic browser icon. Right?

I thought you meant that the icon wasn't showing up at all...

The favicon problem is a known issue - we have been working on fixing that over the last week. Seems it was introduced by the reworking of all the code for undo and redo support. Hopefully we'll have a fix for this next week sometime.

Thanks for being patient and uploading screenshots.
Regards,
-Harlan
dcb_oz
Harlan wrote:
I thought you meant that the icon wasn't showing up at all...

That's the problem that I'm having. Icons associated with thought types are randomly appearing or not appearing. The following screenshot shows it best, with part of a report on "Project" types showing some with icons, others without (ignore the Word icon - that's correct, as are the blanked out bits for privacy). The same happens in the plex itself.

zenrain
This is occuring for me also. The folder contains a TheBrainIcon.png but the favicon overrides that image. In some thoughts, when the thought type contains an icon it doesn't display. Re-adding the thought type resolves.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Harlan

Please let us know if 4.5 solves this for you. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
dcb_oz
Harlan wrote:

Please let us know if 4.5 solves this for you. Thanks.

No difference for me. Still have the problem I reported on the 10 June.
mbaas
I also just had an issue where the icon associated to a thought-type was not shown after activating the thought. Then I did a report on that thought-type and none of the thoughts had that icon.
Nxt I went back to 4306, opened the same database, had the same problem. I then select "edit thought type" (in 43), saw that the icon was still there and closed the edit-window. After changing thoughts, the icon was then shown!
So I closed 43 and opened the brain again with 45 and now it immediately showed the icon...

dcb_oz
4.5.01 Still the problem. Only 50% of typed thoughts show an icon and it's a random 50%.

These are not favicons linked to web pages missing as reported by others. Simply missing icons on Thoughts. Reassigning the type, retrieves the icon.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software