bmac
I am unable to delete a Notes.RTF file from the brain.  PB4 complains that the file is in use (not so) and refuses to delete the file.  Furthermore, the thought that has this file attached cannot be deleted either as, I assume, PB4 won't delete the thought where the attachment cannot be deleted.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
Harlan
Please repeat this process and then post your output.log file. Could be something related to the use of the recycle bin.

Also, you might want to try opening the thought folder and seeing if you can delete the file from there (after you recreate the problem and post the output.log file please )
Regards,
-Harlan
bmac
I tried to delete this file this morning (after a fresh reboot where no files could be open) but nothing is written to the output log.  The last entry in the output log is Saturday when I first experienced this problem.

Yes, it is possible to open the thought folder and to delete the file.  This worked.  Once the file was deleted, I was able to delete the thought.
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software