Jeff
Hi - a heart stopping moment: I set forgotten thoughts to show, selected all and deleted. After completion, my brain appeared to have lost all attachments. Moved around different thoughts but all had been lost. However, closed the brain and restarted, and all attachments were back in place. Phew! Anyone else had this happen?
Harlan

This was evidently a display issue. Most likely a problem occurred during the deletion operation that led to this... We'll try and replicate it here, but in case it does happen to anyone else, please try to grab a copy of your output.log file and post it so we can see what might be happenning. Thanks.

Regards,
-Harlan
Jeff
I found the output.log file in the personalbrain folder on C drive. Is that the one you want? The only date I see in it is today's. Are older logs archived? Sorry, but I'm new to this.

mcaton
Jeff,

If you've already opened PB successfully after the miss-hap, you will have created a new output.log file.  It re-generates every time you re-open the application.

Typically, the file is located in Program Files/PersonalBrain/output.log.

Keep an eye out for the error and if you see it again, grab a copy of those log files before re-starting.

Thanks,
Matt
Jeff
Matt,

Thanks for this tip. Will now be prepared in future.

Jeff

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software