Harlan Show full post »
twospoons

So 5.0.1.5 is the final for the beta?

Wes
Yves
Quote:
@Harlan

thanks for the reply, I have emailed support with the info.

It turns out the form only recognises the Core serial I have. I upgraded to Pro shortly afterwards when my need for multiple attachments became more apparent than I thought it was.

@ cook_a

I purchased PersonalBrain Core 4.5 on the 10th of September 2008 and upgraded right away to PersonalBrain Pro 4.5, the very same day.

Yesterday I could only upgrade to a PersonalBrain Core 5 version and, today, the support center replied this way to my email about this situation :

« I am sorry to inform you that the reason you are not able to generate a serial for PersonalBrain 5 Pro is that users that upgraded from PersonalBrain 4 Core to 4 Pro do not qualify for the free upgrade to PersonalBrain 5 Pro. This is a rule that has been set by management. If you want to upgrade to PersonalBrain 5 Pro you will need to make an upgrade purchase on our purchasing page http://www.thebrain.com/purchase which costs $74.95. »

Does anyone know where this "rule" is mentionned on TheBrain website and/or which document lets customers know about it ?

Harlan
Yves wrote:
Quote:
@Harlan

thanks for the reply, I have emailed support with the info.

It turns out the form only recognises the Core serial I have. I upgraded to Pro shortly afterwards when my need for multiple attachments became more apparent than I thought it was.

@ cook_a

I purchased PersonalBrain Core 4.5 on the 10th of September 2008 and upgraded right away to PersonalBrain Pro 4.5, the very same day.

Yesterday I could only upgrade to a PersonalBrain Core 5 version and, today, the support center replied this way to my email about this situation :

« I am sorry to inform you that the reason you are not able to generate a serial for PersonalBrain 5 Pro is that users that upgraded from PersonalBrain 4 Core to 4 Pro do not qualify for the free upgrade to PersonalBrain 5 Pro. This is a rule that has been set by management. If you want to upgrade to PersonalBrain 5 Pro you will need to make an upgrade purchase on our purchasing page http://www.thebrain.com/purchase which costs $74.95. »

Does anyone know where this "rule" is mentionned on TheBrain website and/or which document lets customers know about it ?

Sorry, this was a bug in the upgrade page. This has been fixed.

To clarify the policy: Purchases of PersonalBrain Core made prior to June 1 and upgraded to Pro (no matter when) do not qualify for a free upgrade. Anyone who purchased PersonalBrain Core after June 1 and upgraded to Pro at any time does qualify for a free upgrade.

Hopefully someone from support has already gotten back to you directly on this. If you have not already done so, please try again and let us know if you have a problem as you definitely qualify for a free upgrade.
Regards,
-Harlan
Yves
@ Harlan

Many thanks for your kind reply.

As you said the support center sent me a new email to solve the problem.

Unfortunately, in my case, the bug has not been completely fixed yet : I get a new error message when I enter my data.

I just informed the support center about it and I am confident that we will soon find a way to sort this out.

cook_a
@Yves

Seems like a cantankerous little bug is refusing to give up there... I have a different error too.

@Harlan

Support are aware so no more worries my end... I know it'll get sorted.

Yves
Quote:
@Yves

Seems like a cantankerous little bug is refusing to give up there... I have a different error too.

@ cook_a

Not a good-willed mule, that's for sure !

jostber
Will there be new functionality(f.ex. more advanced link options) in v5 or will this be in v6?

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Yves
@ Harlan & cook_a

Good news : Tracy Barr sent me a key and it worked perfectly !

I can now enjoy again the full features of my PersonalBrain Pro 5 version.

Harlan
Good to hear. Hopefully all the upgrade kinks have been worked out of the system now.

As with version 4, much more additional functionality will be added to version 5 before version 6 comes out...
Regards,
-Harlan
Yves
@ Harlan

Quote:
As with version 4, much more additional functionality will be added to version 5 before version 6 comes out...

I'll be looking foward to them !

I'm glad to feel that TheBrain's dev team is so lively.

twospoons
A couple of questions...

1.  Where is the upgrade page?  I thought that there was a message posted that I would be getting an email from TheBrain with my upgrade info?

2.  Now that the beta 5 forum is closed where are we supposed to keep track of the memory leak issues?  PB5 is eating my system up: 52 threads, 1450 handles, 266,520 K memory usage, 80%-99% CPU usage...  In the PB window (when I can get it to respond) it is saying 195 MB memory used / 0 MB free.  I've had PB5 running for 5 days now, only using it a couple of times each day to add a new thought.  It just seems to keep growning until it takes over the entire system.  Killing PB5 in the task manager frees the system up immediately.
Wes
jostber
I think the link for the free upgrade is here:

https://www.thebrain.com/purchase/upgrade.htm
http://www.thebrain.com/#-53

Release document:

http://www.thebrain.com/site/personalbrain/download/PB5.0%20Release%20Notes.pdf

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
Harlan
The PersonalBrain issues forum is always available for discussing problems. There is already a thread there discussing problems with memory usage and PB 5... BTW, if anyone is having this problem and would be willing to send us a copy of the Brain where it is happening, that would be very helpful as we have not been able to reproduce it.
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software