Harlan
This release fixes the major problems with the initial release (most of these were cause by problems with the install process).

Version 5.5.0.1-b

August 6, 2009

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: Custom color selector does not display

o    Fixed: Indexing library is not detected properly and prompts for update unnecessarily

o    Fixed: Outlook drag and drop isn’t working correctly

o    Fixed: Calendar window becomes non-responsive sometimes

o    Look of buttons on Calendar tab improved

Regards,
-Harlan
grunningen
The Save button when adding an Event in the Calendar Window does not respond.
Dryopithecus
grunningen, see this thread: http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3605345

doctor

Two problems with 5.5.0.1-b:

1-Clicking on virtual folders no longer opens the corresponding folder.

2-Vista reports color change to Vista basic on program launch.

dcb_oz
Nice work and thanks for the opportunity to test. This is my feedback on tags. Windows XP.

1. I use bright colours for tags which show up nicely against the default dark blue background. However on the white in the tags pane they are unreadable. Suggest either an option to turn off the automatic colouring, or an ability to set the background to a different colour. (refer attached screenshot)
  2. Tag count showing on the left of the tags pane makes the list harder to scan because everything is out of alignment.
  3. Tag pane has only once so far shown anything when coming out of auto-hide in advanced tools layout and that is only the very first time after restart. Every other time it remain blank with a grey background after trying to display something (it flashes the content then hides it).
  4. Popup menus for tags and thoughts. Excellent changes with hierarchy and multiple select however suffering from the same comments as point 1. Difficult to see. And mine is showing on a black menu background at the moment which feels really weird.
Onwards.

David
Click image for larger version - Name: tags_example.jpg, Views: 331, Size: 32.58 KB
dcb_oz
I'm unable to copy Outlook messages using Ctrl. Link function works fine. When copying I get a message that the file is in use. Turned off the reading pane in Outlook 2007 but to no avail.

David
Moe
Thank you for all the feedback on the 5.5 Beta. Some of the issues you have reported have also been reported in the PersonalBrain 5.5 Beta forum. Thanks again for taking the time to test and report your findings . Regarding number one, great suggestion. I have noted this for the developers.

Best regards,
Moe

jostber
Wish we could get a new version soon without that recurring calendar box coming up every 5 min. Makes it hard to use, so I reverted back to 5.5.0.0.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
NorthFarm

I'm also waiting impatiently. I cannot access the preferences dialog in 5.5.0.0 or 5.5.0.1, so there's not that much to play with.

Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Shiiko
jostber wrote:
Wish we could a new version soon without that recurring calendar box coming up every 5 min. Makes it hard to use, so I reverted back to 5.5.0.0.

Agree.  To a certain extent I can wait on the other tweaks but having the reminder box pop-up every 2 minutes (in my case) is a nuisance.  To be able to us PB I have placed that box at the bottom of the screen, as far down as possible outside of the window.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software