Harlan
This release fixes some of the biggest issues in the beta release. There are still several less serious issues pending fixes. Thanks to all for your help so far with the beta.

Version 5.5.0.5-b

September 3, 2009

·         Virtual Thoughts

o    Now support zoomable Thought icons

o    Fixed: Virtual thoughts do not show the correct icon

o    Fixed: Context commands for attachments in Virtual thoughts do not work

·         Thought context menu reorganized and cleaned up

·         The UI disables the creation of illegal links

o    Virtual Thoughts can only be children of native Thoughts

o    Tag Thoughts can only be parents of native Thoughts

·         Setting for table gridlines visibility in notes editor is saved

·         Important Fixes

o    Fixed: High CPU usage on some machines

o    Tags show in the correct default color in menus and in tags tab

·         Other Fixes

o    Fixed: Possible null exception during link rendering

o    Updated German localization and fixed problems with welcome screen

o    Fixed: Renaming only the case of internal attachment via folder causes two of the attachment to appear in the attachments list

o    Fixed: Modification times of internal attachments are not always updated

o    Fixed: Ctrl+clicking on a Thought gate does not always select all Thoughts linked via that gate

o    Fixed: Windows menu mnemonic does not work unless you release the Alt key first

o    Fixed: Tags tab is not updated when a Brain is opened

o    Updated German and Dutch localizations

o    Fixed: Exceptions related to events and non-native Thoughts

o    Fixed: Can’t exit PB when in auto-hide and no Brain is open

o    Fixed: Commands in the Window and Help menus are disabled when no Brain is open

Regards,
-Harlan
mnolte

Quote:
Fixed: Can’t exit PB when in auto-hide and no Brain is open

this only works if "Open the last used Brain at startup" is unchecked and if no Brain was opened (i. e. start PB and close it immediately). Otherwise it is still not possible to exit PB when no Brain is open and in auto-hide.

- Martin

5.5.0.5-b, J-1.6.0_05, Windows XP Pro SP3

5.5.0.5-b, J-1.5.0_04, Windows Vista 32 bit

dyslucksia
Quote:
Fixed: Ctrl+clicking on a Thought gate does not always select all Thoughts linked via that gate

Since I've noticed but never been able to duplicate this bug which has persisted for many versions, first reported by zenrain I think, it will be even more difficult to confirm that it's gone, but if as you say your team has actually managed to run this one to earth and remove it, that's worth this upgrade alone. I'm sure zenrain will be delighted too. Well done.

PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
zenrain
Yup, I can't recreate it anymore. 
Awesome!
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
Steeph
Harlan wrote:
This release fixes some of the biggest issues in the beta release. There are still several less serious issues pending fixes. Thanks to all for your help so far with the beta.

Version 5.5.0.5-b

September 3, 2009

·         Important Fixes

o    Tags show in the correct default color in menus and in tags tab

Tags pane is greatly improved now, thanks for that.

One minor issue with now though. Click on a Tag to show all Thoughts with that tag, now navigate to another thought, for example with Alt-Left. The selected Tag stays highlighted, see attached screenshot.
Click image for larger version - Name: TagStaysSelected.png, Views: 221, Size: 104.28 KB
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
BHurd
thanks so much for fixing up the issue with the virtual thoughts.  That was one that I used a lot and I was missing the context menus! 
dyslucksia
Quote:
Tags show in the correct default color in menus and in tags tab

What Preferences > Color is used as the default for the background of the Tags pane, I.e., is the background of this pane user-selectable? I don't think this has been explained.

Luckily for me, I use black as my background color for the Plex, and on my XP system, the tags pane background is black too. But what about those guys with a light or white background? Their tags are going to have to be black, to stand out against the Plex.  Surely it must be possible to vary this.

I don't want to waste time trying out every color preference to see if changing them makes any difference to the black of the tags pane background, so someone please tell me how this is chosen.
Harlan
Quote:
What Preferences > Color is used as the default for the background of the Tags pane?

The background, center is used. This matches most closely with what will actually be displayed in the plex.
Regards,
-Harlan
Harlan
mnolte wrote:
Quote:
Fixed: Can’t exit PB when in auto-hide and no Brain is open
this only works if "Open the last used Brain at startup" is unchecked and if no Brain was opened (i. e. start PB and close it immediately). Otherwise it is still not possible to exit PB when no Brain is open and in auto-hide.

Thanks for the info. We'll take care of this in the next release.
Regards,
-Harlan
dyslucksia
Quote:
The background, center is used. This matches most closely with what will actually be displayed in the plex.

Thanks Harlan, that's worth knowing.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software