Harlan
Many new keyboard accelerators have been added to this version as well as a new set of default accelerators (see image). In addition, the Preferences area has been slightly reorganized and there are quite a few fixes.

Version 5.5.1.5-b

October 23, 2009

·         Accelerators

o    New keyboard accelerators added

§  Focus On…

·         Set the keyboard focus to the plex or any of the tools windows

§  Reports

·         Change the filter settings

§  Search

·         Clear results, toggle options for filtering results, advanced search

§  Plex

·         Maximize – toggles the maximized state of the plex

·         Pins - The first 10 pins can have accelerators assigned to them

o    The number of default accelerators has been doubled

o    Fixes

§  Fixed: Accelerators operate on the wrong thought after clicking on a report result or moving focus to notes

§  Fixed: Shift can be used as a modifier on common keys to create an invalid accelerator

§  Fixed: The text “ACTIVE_THOUGHT” shows in the accelerators list

§  Fixed: Some feedback messages are too long to appear properly

§  Fixed: Various issues with the tags and type menus when opened via accelerators

·         Preferences

o    Moved settings related to the various views under the new “Views” tab

o    The Preferences window is now more compact

·         Fixes

o    Fixed: In outline and expanded views new created Thoughts are sometimes not linked correctly

o    Fixed: Undoing of unlinking and linking actions does not function as expected

o    Fixed: Dutch localization is not installed properly

o    Removed unneeded notes configuration file

o    Updated version of notes editor

o    Fixed: Copy and paste into notes of multiple consecutive blank lines of text results in only a single blank line

o    Fixed: Converting a tags to a parent Thought does not delete the tag from Tags panel

o    Fixed: Color of outline around items in Thought Type and Tags menu is not visible when the background is white

o    Fixed: Some reserved keys such as Tab should not be allowed as accelerators

o    Fixed: On Windows, context menu does not appear on label edit box

o    Fixed: Keyboard cannot be used to select the type of attachment type to create

o    Fixed: Inconsistent behavior when changing colors and names of tags via properties dialog

o    Advanced search has been removed from options menu

Click image for larger version - Name: Default_Accelerators.PNG, Views: 499, Size: 50.09 KB
Regards,
-Harlan
dyslucksia
Thanks, Harlan. There are a lot of improvements here that have been requested by many of us for some time, particularly in keyboard accelerators. Greatly appreciated.

Would you mind clarifying these items please:

Quote:
Removed unneeded notes configuration file

Does this mean that from now on PB will ignore notes.css and notesMac.css completely? I.e., does it mean we can now discard any global and Brain-specific instances of these files?

Quote:
Updated version of notes editor

What differences are we likely to notice?

Quote:
The number of default accelerators has been doubled

What is the significance of "default" here? Does this mean that more keyword combinations now are reserved, compared with 5.5.1.4, or does it simply mean the same as "The number of accelerators has been doubled"?

Thanks.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Steeph
Great!

Thanks for implementing KBA's for the Pins and the Tool windows, those are very useful.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
mbaas

dyslucksia wrote:

Quote:
The number of default accelerators has been doubled

What is the significance of "default" here? Does this mean that more keyword combinations now are reserved, compared with 5.5.1.4, or does it simply mean the same as "The number of accelerators has been doubled"?

I guess that's why Harlan added the table to his post: PB now comes with more pre-defined shortcuts

zenrain
Wow, just when I think 5.5 can't get much better... 

Thanks for adding accelerators for the pins. Much appreciated.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
igoldsmid1
Some - (not all) -Thoughts showing Notes when they don't have Notes

(Show Icons when Thoughts have Notes Present)

Ian Goldsmid
rwstout
Great!

Concerning the dutch localization: some translations are not quite right. Can I offer my energy to improve the translation tables?

René
René Stout
Tiendeveen, The Netherlands

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Windows7 Home Premium / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Steeph
Concerning localisations, during the install the preferred language can't be selected by the user, nor is it possible in the preferences.

So I'm Dutch, I live in the Netherlands and have my regional settings set to Dutch. But! I prefer to run everything in English and I don't want to run PB in Dutch. After I installed beta 5.5.1.5 I started PB and suddenly it was completely in Dutch. I had to go to the c:\Program Files\PersonalBrain5\lang\ directory to delete the Dutch localisation file to revert it back to English.

Now that's not a problem for me, but it's at least a bit annoying and this won't do for a novice user. Please add a preference for language selection and ask the preference during the install process.

By the way. I think this should be a separate preference from the currently existing option to set the dictionary for spellchecking.

Thanks.

PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Adathome
Steeph wrote:
Concerning localisations, during the install the preferred language can't be selected by the user, nor is it possible in the preferences.

So I'm Dutch, I live in the Netherlands and have my regional settings set to Dutch. But! I prefer to run everything in English and I don't want to run PB in Dutch.

I agree, I prefer the English version of PB above the Dutch.

(the Dutch localization file give problems, see http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3756184 )
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)
rwstout
1. When I hover over or click on a thought, the Tag display is not updated.

2. When I hover over or click on a thought, the attachment info is not updated.
René Stout

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
rwstout
Too many bugs, I switched back to .14

I cannot rename thoughts
(As stated before)
Tags are not displayed
Types are not displayed
Attachments are not shown

Using Windows Vista Home Edition Servicepack 2
René Stout

TheBrain 7
J-1.7.0
Moe
@igoldsmid1
Previously, it was reported that copying and pasting Thoughts between Brains caused the notes icon to show when Thoughts that were copied did not contain notes. Is this happening on Thoughts you have copied and pasted between Brains?

@Steeph, @Adathome and @rwstout.
Regarding the dutch localization issue. The engineers have been notified so we should have a patch soon.

@rwstout
If you Activate a Thought all tool tabs should be updated automatically. Hovering over Thoughts should only update the tool tabs if you have "Update tools on mouse over of Thoughts" set in Options > Preferences > UI. I believe the issues you are reporting is unique to your setup. If you have a chance, can you replicate the update issue then directly after close PB then forward us a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com. You can find the output.log file at "C:\Progrm Files\PersonalBrain".

Best regards,
Moe

sjeeke
Hi,
Is there any chance of getting the "thought icon maximizer accelerator" implemented

For details see post made here

Thxs.
Underdog
For those of us wanting to simplify PB interface language selection, please see my entry on this topic here and vote for this issue here!

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

Adathome
Underdog wrote:
For those of us wanting to simplify PB interface language selection, please see my entry on this topic here and vote for this issue here!

Very good idea but i have spent all my votes for more link functionality that is my priority it is a pity that until now there is no sign of any movement in this part. 
Regards, Ad Divide knowledge = multiply knowledge (Windows 10 -  TB8 / TB9)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software